Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Dashboard Trim

GraemeBW

I need to replace the aircon push switch and to do this I need access under the panel which surrounds the row of switches and the radio. I don't want to blindly lever it off so can someone advise me how (and where) it is attached.

Many thanks.

The following pictures should make it clear enough, it's actually very straightforward. Just use a cloth wrapped round a flat screwdriver blade to prize off the heater switch, in case the screwdriver slips and you scratch your facia. Then undo the single screw located behind and gently prize off the black trim - I started at the bottom centre and worked outwards using a cloth-wrapped flat screwdriver until I could get my fingers behind. You'll hear and feel the catches pop out one by one and eventually the black trim will come away, giving access to the radio and also the switches. Hope this helps :)

post-13937-0-92081300-1343311135_thumb.j post-13937-0-46622200-1343311146_thumb.j post-13937-0-52688300-1343311155_thumb.j post-13937-0-90634900-1343311163_thumb.j post-13937-0-62909700-1343311173_thumb.j

Nice 'How-to' Johnny, they say a picture is worth a 100 words :thumbsup:

That is brilliant..... thank you so much for putting in that effort. I'll go out and buy the switch now!

No problem guys, I took the photo's as part of various projects I did on my Aygo - these were to do with changing the head unit so I must add the rest of them soon! :)

One point with this - the trim module with the radio in it 'pops' out more or less horizontally, so you need to be levering/pulling toward the rear of the car, not up at 45deg as the orientation of the face of the module may tempt you to try.

I need to replace the aircon push switch and to do this I need access under the panel which surrounds the row of switches and the radio.

Are you having the same problem as me where the A/C will intermittently switch itself off? I have to cycle the button a few times to wake it up. A piece of card slid in between the button and the dash made for a quick fix. How much was the switch?

THe switch is £18.12 including vat!

Yes same problem: sometimes it wont switch on , and vice versa.

THe switch is £18.12 including vat!

Yes same problem: sometimes it wont switch on , and vice versa.

Thanks, not so bad for a permanent fix. It's weird that it failed though as I usually leave the A/C on and don't fiddle with it.

• 11 months later...

HI Guys,

I have the same problem, the agent in Malta asked us 80 Euros to replace the switch :/ Can you help me to buy a switch from the UK? Please

• 5 years later...