Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Open Warning Light

N20

I have a little problem with an MR2. The interior light and the light on the dash do not come on when either door is opened. I know the interior light bulb is intact. I checked the switches with a miltimeter and they both have power there and they both work perfectly on the multimeter. The door locks when the door is shut and beeps when the door is open.

There must be a unit someware that monitors the 12V to the switches and if one goes down to ground puts the warning light on.

Any Ideas where to start looking?

Also as the warning light is not on, then the car door is from the cars point of view, closed. Would the car pass its MOT with this fault?

I found the problem but now have another problem. The fault was that the circuit board in the dash with the rev dial and warning lights has some damage on it. I have replaced the unit bu the problem is that the milage of the car has now changed. Is there any way that I can set the milage to what it should be without spending a fortune.

Unfortunately the mileage, as you have found is stored in the clocks and not the cars ecu. I think your only option is to try to find a company who can adjust it or try your local Toyota dealer, I doubt they'll be cheap though and i'm not sure what the legality of it is either?

http://www.fixmymileage.com/

Seems a bit daft to me as its far cheaper to switch clocks than change the ecu and so easy for any unscrupulous seller to fake the mileage?

• 2 weeks later...

I found a local componey that was willing to do it for £40 however I managed to find a new clock that was as near as makes no difference, the same mileage. So its all good now, she just needs the recon engine throwing in and she will be back on the market.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links