Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nos

jaxx

contemplating at the min

thinking of maybe having a dry shot of just 25bhp for the fun and WOW factor more than anything

can anybody recommend the best type of system to use and activate it?

how long does it normally last?

Best bet Jaxx, post this on LOC, a few of the guys have NOS now, and I think there is a couple of different systems..

They should be able to answer your questions, and suggest the best thing for you..

Think about the best system for a big power boost is a NoS wet system, can get up to about 100BHP :o

well, really you want to get a wet system, much better..

And as for the 100bhp, well, the power increase is basically 75% of the nozzle (e.g. 100bhp nozzles will give 75bhp)..

But if your going for that size nozzle, you really want to strengthen the internals, from what ive heard, you really dont want to exceed 75bhp nozzles on standard internals, unless you want it to go bang!

Of course, if you use a progressive boost controller, you can go higher, but there is loads of different ways of doing it, your best off talking to an expert..

Been thinking about it aswell mate, spoke to one of our customers who's a dealer up here. He reckons you're best off with a progressive controller cos it takes a lot of the risks out of the equation :thumbsup: From what he was saying, they start off with small shot nozzles then build it up safely to what they think is the max for that particular engine :)

Gonna get insurance quotes first though, cos it's bound to bump it up even though you can't use it on the road (legally that is :P )

Doubt if I'd ever use it, but it would look good when putting the shopping in the boot :lol:

There is no legal issue with having it fitted and using it (assuming your insurance company knows), just bear in mind, the increase in premium will be similar to an S/C, and they tend to put a huge excess on for it as well...

I Had a friend who had a 50 shot on a 1.2 clio, had it fed into the inlet manifold and was controled with a progressive controller which was activated via throtle position (think it was set to activate under full throtle) rather than a manual switch.

He had it for 9 months before he sold the car and didnt have any problems with reliability.

hope this helps

Niz :thumbsup:

as alot of ppl know on here i had a lot of problems with my nitrous kit but i was greedy and stupid running 75bhp of dry nos on a 1.5 sera lump. If You get a kit (they are all pretty much alike( my new direct port zex kits orderd n ill be the first one in uk wiv it :D ) justs et it up properly put about 50bhp shot in (25bhp wont feel much the fast n furios lies bout nitrous) and use it in short bursts and for showing off witha purge valve

ed

cheers folks

after watchin 5th gear tonight (golf diesel VS NSX!)

its wet my appetite a bit more

ill try LOC ta Ian

I wasnt impressed with the Fifth Gear feature though, I reckon they had a 2-3 grand install in that golf, and I have a feeling the muppets will be out tomorrow buying the cheapest system they can find...

So guys, expect to see a lot of Saxos with blow engines in the near future...

exactly what i was thinkin

if you noticed there was a red and blue valve on that golf, most likely showing it as wet shot

also Tiff WAS NOT gunning that NSX! ive heard one of them go and they aint THAT quiet!

Yeah, i mean think of the stats...

NSX, 280Bhp, 0-60 in about 5 secs..

Golf 1.9D (auto), we talking about 85bhp, 0-60 in 13 secs... add 100 shot Nos, thats still only scooby territory, you'd need 200 shot to be that close to an NSX, and then you'd be killing the engine..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links