Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought 07 Auris Tr, Need Some Tips On Mod

Kocopopz

Hey Speed_Chaser

Im hoping to get all my lights to be nice at bright at night,

So im look for 6000k HIDs for my car, but i read up something about projectors lights?

what which would be better, smd LED for lights, or those xenon fog lights bulbs,

Also, the W5W (501) side lights, I think its nice with LEDS for thoses?

Im looking to spend around £100 MAX on sort them all out? can you link any decent items?

Many thanks!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• Kocopopz

• tavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Speed_Chaser

In your " Introducing your Auris, Page 7" what are the your all your bulbs if you dont mind :P :D

Well, that's not too difficult to tell Koco :P Just take a look at the Page 1 of that thread, first post. You'll find your answers there :)

Sorry missed one of your posts mate.

It's okay to fit 6000HID to projector lights if that's what you mean.

However you won't be able to use LEDs as your driving lights.

For sidelights you should use some T10 W5W LEDs.

For HIDs I suggest CarModShop. Ordered my ballasts from them and received some good quality stuff. Also the serice was nice and quick.

For sidelights I suggest using T10 LED with lens. Just write that in Google or eBay search and you'll find what you need. Looking good because of the lens while off and provide nice light output too. They look like this:

T10_High_Power_Projector_LED__77674_zoom.jpg

If you want to make your foggies match the colour theme, search for H11 LED DRL. This is what you'll find:

SMD-9006.jpg

cheers speed i be ordering them asap,

i've been looking to find some new headlamps for the auris (obvisouly lol)

but i cant seem to find any for the auris..

wanted something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-2004-TOYOTA-CAMRY-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-HEADLAMPS-LEFT-RIGHT-/160841598072?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2572e80478

Nothing like that available as far as I know. This would be the closest match:

Auris-Formula-6.jpg

ahh, its just not the same :P

I went to my local Tinting garage yesterday, £150 for the Back, and rear passenger windows to be tinted, life time gaurentee too.

think i might get it done sometime in the next few weeks.

for the leds to come on when door open/dome light, do you cut an d join into the white and pink wire and the blue wire, or force the pin in with the excisting wire in the connecting block??

Check out the YouTube video below:

Toyota Auris Halo Lights:

I've tried to contact the user who directed me to the website that sells them, but there was a languauge barrier between the website and myself as they did not speak english, hence I had to do google translate which probably didn't do much to help either.

I'm still looking for them, I'll let you guys know how i get on.

for the leds to come on when door open/dome light, do you cut an d join into the white and pink wire and the blue wire, or force the pin in with the excisting wire in the connecting block??

I cut "bulb" (led matrix) wires and fitted them into lamp clamp holes then I secured the wires (and made them make perfect electric contact) with a small piece of plastic.

Both ways are fine. I prefer forcing the wires in as I don't like cutting and other permanent changes :)

Oo , which led to come on when open door are we talking about now :) .. A little bit confused

1- Is the dipped beam h11

2- is the fog light too ?

3- the main beams hb3 ?

Reading too many different bulbs types for the auris .. Sigh ...

Oo , which led to come on when open door are we talking about now :) .. A little bit confused

Dome lamp LEDs...

could you use a scotch block to connect into those wires, would be nice and tidy and above all very easy

is the blue wire the + and the white and pink one the - ???

also if connecting to the glovebox light how do you disconnect the connector, is it on top of the bulb of further down the back? or can you just join into the glovebox light bulb wire with a scotch lock??

Yes the blue one should be positive (+). But you can test it using LED strip, nothing bad will happen if you'll mess up with polarity - it just won't light up.

The glove box light connector is behind the light, there is a clip which you must press. It will release the connector. You can either force the wires in together with original ones or then connect to existing wires using any method you want.

Yeap, there is a small LED inside glove compartment that lights together with parkers... :)

how about connecting into the cigarette lighter, light cable with out a switch would that leace the footwell lights coming on with yor parlk lights etc

I think you are right Pete. If the light ring around the cig lighter comes up with your parkers, also the footwells will do the same thing.

I got water stuck in my rear right lights , it's literally 1/4 full . How do I remove the tail light. ?

Does anyone know how to remove the fog

Light ? I've got the bulb , trying to fit them but don't know how to get

To the lights !!