Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Range Error

swich

Hi all

im wondering if you guys can give me some insight. fuel tank is 55l. avarage consuption is 6.5l/100km. when i fill up my tank (auto stop) my range tells me about 540km odd. but im going about 720km before the range hits 0km. but when i fill up im only putting in 47l.

i would prefere to get futher and fill up a bit more. last tank i chanced it and drove on 0km range till i hit 800km. filled up and put in 52l.

is there a way to reset this or is it a problem any one else is having?

another thing. as so as i get the low fuel warning light i feel tat the power is pulled on the motor. im sure it does that to conserve fuel. but for over 100km on the pulled power is killing me.

insight?

Its the same on all of them. Mine ALWAYS reads 320 miles left when it is full to the brim (literally can't squeeze another drop in).

I see 300 miles before the tank reaches half way on 90% of all fill ups.

Its an annoying glitch that Toyota aren't bothered about putting right, so they should just remove it.

55 litres is inclusive of the tank reserve. The clock will only count down until the start of the reserve, the reason for this is that you shouldn't find yourself breaking down because you have no fuel.

Even though, actual range, till I reach reserve is 525 miles (in my case) but trip computer shows 340 miles; with reserve I can extend the range at 600 miles. Range indicator is very poor indeed, unlike all indications/calculations of trip computer...

This is the first car I have owned where the range is out so badly. It doesn't even improve as economy balances out around halfway through the tank.

My Skoda and Leon (when I owned them) were very accurate, and i could rely on it from 3/4 of the tank down to empty.

Another thing i HATE on the Auris (fuel related) is the 3 low fuel warnings that insist on pestering you, when there is about 60-70 miles left in the tank. I don't need 3 lights/warnings on the dash, just a low fuel light will do.

Exactly ! You can be driving along with 2 bars showing on the fuel remaining. You would expect this to drop to 1 bar & then flash up a warning to refuel as you're now on reserve. Nope, it drops from 2 bars to zero & then persistently tells you 'low fuel' level despite the fact you can do another 50-60 miles easily ! Even when you fill up after maybe 20 miles after the warning you'll struggle to get 50 litres in. All Toyota have done here is play oversafe & effectively cut the range of the car.

Mine's will swear blind that 370 mls is the max range, when in actual use it'll usually manage around 425-440 mls before getting 47-48 litres in. Meaning there's still another 1.5 gallons in the car !

This is the first car I have owned where the range is out so badly. It doesn't even improve as economy balances out around halfway through the tank.

My Skoda and Leon (when I owned them) were very accurate, and i could rely on it from 3/4 of the tank down to empty.

Another thing i HATE on the Auris (fuel related) is the 3 low fuel warnings that insist on pestering you, when there is about 60-70 miles left in the tank. I don't need 3 lights/warnings on the dash, just a low fuel light will do.

You folk with your posh optitron digital displays! ;)

Luckily for me I have the "old" style analogue display with one very small low fuel light in the bottom right hand corner although as you say it comes on ridculously early ~2 gallons left!

I have never convinced the range display on mine to go beyond 329 miles, even though I get 400 before the low fuel comes on!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links