Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Strange Call On My Mobile..

JappyBeast

So I'm sitting here posting on CavWeb/TOC etc when my mobile goes off....

Some Scottish bird answers and asks who I am.. I dont tell her.. then she asks for my age. I could here other scottish girls in the background telling her to ask me questions.

I asked her if she rings up random numbers all the time and she said that she does 'sorta'.

I thought it was my sisters friend taking the pee at first as all my family live in Scotland.

She told me that her name is Kirsty and she lives in Dundee.

I have the number logged in my phone if anyone want it??

I have also saved it into memory as I wont be answering it again.

I hate getting calls like that.. it would have been way worse if it was a 'withheld number'. Mobile phones are very personal and I dont really want random drunk girls ringing me. (there was a time where I would have thought it was fun tho!).

she was the tent sales lady... dont you remember!?? :D

get her surname, and ill get her home number for ya

I have her number.. dont worry..

She just called again 4 times but canceled the call. I was on the phone to my g/f on the land line at the time...lol.

I'm wondering if my mobile number is on one of those dirty call cards u get in london phone boxes!

If I was single I might have had a laugh about this but seeing I love my girlfriend very much... its not good.

rico.. if it was a with held number I would be bothered... I could txt these drunk ladies right now if I wanted...lol.

I have the option of rejecting the call.

prob best to just try ignoring it. They will get bored and move on

to someone else soon.

Another typical example of how soooo mnay change mobile numbers all the flippin time and in the end people that you DO want to get in touch .... cant!

You mentioned withheld numbers.... well as with 'no number', 'Private Number' :angry: .... I DO NOT answer them!

Private number means its a call from a mobile ... well if its that important leave a flippin text so I have the number anyway or get your mobile settings changed! GRRRRRRR!,

No Number - poss a switchboard which causes the number not to come up but then is also withheld numbers.

Quite simply, ignore them. Any complaints, I say I dont take those calls that I cant see a number registered for, I dont withhold MY number etc.... and BTW, Have managed to peacefully keep the SAME mobile number for errr NINE years!!!! :D

On the sort of call that you got... I wouldnt have ANY reservations or worries about saying p***** off! and end the call. After all, Its YOUR phone

My home number comes up with-held, there is nout I could do about that, tho

What I do hate is people who random text, I 'used' to reply and say sorry you have the wrong number, but then the questions start, "oh, who is that the" its all too easy to get sucked into giving your details away, so now I just ignore them (if its important they will contact my girlfriend anyway, cos most of my mates know what I'm like :P ) :D

Cant you get your phone company to block calls from this person?

as if they would spend time to do that, they would rather give you a new number

Andy... you're up quite late alot by the times on your posts.

Every night you're up late phone the buggers and wake them up ( withhold your number )...

or... use some internet txt service thing and send them txts. P*ss them off.... I would... especially if they annoyed me.

Eventually they'll prob change number. ... lol

OR ....

do the mature thing that us mid twenty year olds should do and just ignore it :D

Every night you're up late phone the buggers and wake them up ( withhold your number )...

or... use some internet txt service thing and send them txts. P*ss them off.... I would... especially if they annoyed me.

OR.....put the number on this forum. 11,000 registered users all ringing her up constantly. That'll teach her.

Rich

Hell, you post the number, hehe, me and my friends will have a good time (small town, nothin to do, the "street racers" here dont race, they just talk s***) callin her up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links