Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Best Polishing Paste / Gel

igormus

Hi Guys / ladsMay I have your recomendations please on the topic ?

I have several local spots of miinor scratches to be polished and heard Turttle Wax or similar would suit.

I ve never deal with polishing and like to save money as we are ....

Many thanks for tips and recomendations. Please offer famous brands cos I am not in the UK.

Cheers/Igor

Howdy Big Buddy.

It all comes down to the usual confusion of "polish" versus "wax". Polishes have varying degrees of cutting particles (microscopic) in their make up. If you have scratches or swirling holograms when viewed in sunlight, these must be removed by the micro particled POLISHES, then sealed with a WAX to finish.

Obviously if you can borrow or hire a suitable machine to POLISH these marks out, this would be much better, but waxing should always be done by hand. Wax on / wax off.

Have not seen any Turtle Wax polishes before, but they do many waxes. Look out for the name Meguiars for both items, but not sure if they are available in Ukraine. You could also speak to a local body shop repairer for guidance.

Let us know how you get on, and always remember a basic rule.....if you can feel the scratch with a finger nail, it will almost certainly NOT be able to polish it out without further paint correction.

Big Kev.

Igor, try and get hold of Meguiars Ultimate Compound, (you can get it online), it is a quality product for removing Swirls and minor scratches.It is best applied with a Machine Polisher, if you can get or have one.

Turtle Wax is not in the same league as Meguiars as regards Car care.

Regards Clare

( This Thread will probably be moved to Car Care.)

hello again

OK will try to source it on the auto consumables market here. Thanks to it is overfilled with different staffs, I do not think it would be hard. In any case both above two tips will help.

The reason of my question is that I ve left my toy in airport for a week during an annual leave in Istanbul and once arrived I ve disclosed some bird drops on the varnish. It is understood this summer +43 C temperature has done a job and some stains has remained as unwashable even by HP washer. It was my big mistake to try remove spots by kitchen small sponge (for dishes) back hard side :bangin: / i ve jently tried to polish small stains and after hated myself. My colegue has applied small amount of good staff (not famous) and cured having saved my pocket :clap: . Now i am forced to buy it first time to keep it in the garage. How to kill these birds :laughing: . Now I feel ve got a right way.

Cheers Kev + Clare

Have a nice holidays

Igor

I'll leave Kevin and Clare to comment further but a good wax/sealent would/should protect the paintwork from your "birds"

Gus

P.s. Kev likes his holidays, get him over to lend a hand and his electrical toys....

I'll leave Kevin and Clare to comment further but a good wax/sealent would/should protect the paintwork from your "birds"

Gus

P.s. Kev likes his holidays, get him over to lend a hand and his electrical toys....

These Ukraine girls really knock me out, They leave the West behind, and Moscow girls make me sing and shout, and Georgia's always on ma mind......

With the exception of dave m, who can remember who wrote this and from which album was it.....?

That could be good news that the scratching will not be deep with the "tool" you used, Igor (ya madman...!!!!!)

Should be able to remove with even hand pressure mate....eventually....

If you need something sourced over here, let me know.

Big Kev

I watched an advert on TV last night which said using Baking Soda to clean your teeth makes them smooth and bright. Anybody tried that on their car ?? I've used it on stainless steel to good effect.

The wife was watching one of those money saving programes a couple of weeks ago and a chap who gives motoring tips suggested adding cosmetic exfolianting cream to the polish as an alternative to scratch remover.

Can't vouch for that as I don't have any in my make up case :oops:

Del

I do a bit of detailing work on my Rav4s and on my Subaru, I use a machine polisher with the cutting compounds and protect with a wax called Blackfire Midnight Sun, it cost about £70 for a tub but after 5 years of using it I still have more then half left, so on the whole I would say that is cheap, and the results are mega.