Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 2002 Auto Gearbox Problems

arorat

Thats why I am dealing with this myself I have been quoted 2.5K, about the cars value.

I will try your suggestion, as I have only driven about 30 miles since the fluid change.

I also wonder if changing the transmission filter might help

yes, no harm in resetting ecu and a long run and then back via smaller roads. Sorry not sure about transmission filter, someone with much more experience may be able to tell you more.

btw: we couldn't hack the fiat 500 for long runs anymore, having detached ourselves from german cars ended up buying the full auto box Tivoli elx, it's a love and hate car for some, wife liked it, it has all the goodies, 5 yrs warranty, good mpg. We can put full golf sets side ways !! anyway just saying its all based on what we can spend / want to spend. 

let us know how you get on with the long run :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, thought I would share my success sorting my gearbox fault. I dropped the transmission pan and cleaned the filter etc as planned but the fault was still there so I bit the bullet and sent the ECU to ECU testing and they did find a fault with it, so to cut a long story short it was the ECU even though there were no fault codes showing.

I have to praise ECU testing they, turned the unit around in 1 week and gave me the TOC 10% discount, cost £221.40 all together.

That is fantastic news !! and worth every penny to get the car working.