Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Alarm And Central Locking Not Working

PaulRav4

Called the AA, as I couldn't get into my RAV4 without setting the alarm off.

After much searching he disconnected the ECU which was behind the glove box. It's a 53 plate car.

Earlier posts seem to indicate that if a key fob has 2 black buttons, the ECU should be by the drivers feet.

Not sure if anyone can help but. can I just buy a replacement ECU, or do I then need to get everything re-configured to match my remote fobs?

Thanks for reading

Is the ECU the fault then? Did the AA guy confirm this? Seems expensive for somethin which may have a much simpler cause. To answer your question, im not sure about the RAV but in previous cars i had to have my ECU reprogrammed

Were you parked in a usual parking spot as I have seen on here problems with key operation caused by strong local radio signals.

There are members who understand these kind of probs.Wait till they come online,

Del

If you open the door with the key then the alarm will go off. See bottom of page 2 in the alarm operating instructions assuming it's the TVSS IV-D system. It stops when you put the ignition on. Are you saying you couldn't stop the alarm at all? Apologies for this stupid suggestion but have you tried a new Battery in the fob?

I'm a little confused , as far as I can remember if you open the door with the key then the alarm will go off. It stops when you put the ignition on. Are you saying you couldn't stop the alarm at all? Apologies for this stupid suggestion but have you tried a new battery in the fob?

Agree, did you open the door by key or with the remote. If the remote will not work then it could be the remote's Battery at fault.

Your first and cheapest step is to change the Battery in the remote. I usually buy a strip of 5 or 10 suitable batteries for a pound on eBay and keep them in a drawer.

The second step is to try a spare remote key if you still have two.

Third step is to recode the remote to the alarm using the instructions attached (Toyota_RAV4_2000-2006_remote_programming__61585_zoom.jpg).

Last chance is to start replacing expensive things, maybe with used ECUs from eBay.

post-111804-0-54887600-1347821436_thumb.

post-111804-0-98206100-1347821481_thumb.