Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Gearbox Problem

AYGO IAN

I own a Toyota Aygo VVT I semi auto 998cc registered May 06 and I am having a few problems.

The car 'judders' quite severely when pulling away in first and reverse gears but then runs smoothly through the rest of the gears.

Also, the warning buzzer sounds when I am going up steep hills. This is not fuel level related as it still happens when I have a full tank of fuel. No warning lights are appearing on the dashboard.

I have looked through the owners manual and cannot see why the warning buzzer would sound.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem may be ?

Thanks in advance.

It will be the mmt ecu which is at fault, part is about 680 + vat and an hour or so labour to fit and calibrate

Alex

You do not give mileage or whether clutch has been replaced, On the basis the clutch is OK it will be necessary to have Toyota reset the MMT ecu, When properly adjusted the car should have slight creep. It is not possible to reset the ecu in any other way other than by Toyota's Intelligent Tester 2.

It is a half hour job. Disconnecting Battery etc do nothing.

Thanks for the info.

I thought you would like to know that Toyota Tamworth have carried out a diagnostic (FOC) and have advised that the car needs a new clutch release bearing and a clutch plate (@ £ 581.20).