Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Armrest

Rob1769

Says its for a Yaris. Doed the Yaris have a can holder where ours is? Did you see my 2 links for the iQ ones in cloth and leather on eBay.de

David

Looking at it again it looks light it might sit a tad too far forwards, nope didnt see the links to the others will have a scoot round! did you do any good with any prices?

No sorry Rob wasmt sure if you still wanted a quote with all the extra info i gave you. Will check tomorrow

David

Thanks David.

I've made a homemade one and works a treat.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=270865097386&index=12&nav=SEARCH&nid=20761275604

That one above it the one I think I bought. Got an Ikea box then covered it with a cushion cover and drilled into the box using 4 screws and bolts. Looks professional if kept clean and cost no more than £25.

Aaron

wilkinson stores do a nice line in faux leather boxes , they fit a treat and stack up to make a good arm rest /storage box. 2 narrow ones on the bottom brings you up to around seat level , then a square one on the top for the arm rest, i've put an anti slip mat on top of mine.

i'd attach a photo but i've got the rav today

here's the photo . non slip mat at the bottom , then a box , next box upside down, double sided tape to attach lid to bottom box,chamfer the rear end of the box to fit between the seat handles, velcro / double sided tape or non slip mat on top of that to attach last box. covering to suit you needs , and away you go.

i never move the passenger seat as i dont use the rears, but when i do it's just a matter of lifting top 2 boxes out to move seat. got the boxes in their sale so about 12 quid covers the lot. i've now got more storage than i need. stuff i need but only use occasionally in the bottom, next one is where the mp3 player lives, top one has spare/sun glasses pens

post-98863-0-36987200-1348562224_thumb.j

Neat bit of work there Tony. I can see the attraction of having the various storage compartments, bottom for things rarely used, like say, demister wipes in a bag, Spice Girls CD's, top one for your marmite sandwiches and Worthers Originals...

:g::goof: :lol2:

Looks very nice Tony! Possibly a improvement over mine... I need to re cover mine actually :)

Spice Girls??????????? who? on a serious note I have thought of going to a local 'Scrappy' we have a couple up here that deal in new car salvage with my tape measure and see if there is anything in other brand cars that could be easily converted to fit! and on an even more serious note I wonder how much it would cost to have something 'proper fit' designed and put into production for all iQ'ers that would want one?

• 4 months later...

Doing it up "proper" would involve more in tooling and production costs than you'd care to pony up.

I have fitted a Yaris center console to my Scion iQ. No cutting or modifications are needed with the product out of the box, as ordered from a Japanese parts dealer on eBay; the same thing would be much cheaper from Toyota.

The bracket supplied with the arm rest bolts to two small plates that slip under the inner seat rails. Once they are in place, the bracket attaches to them with four very soft metric screws - I recommend that anyone who takes this option up go to the local hardware and purchase replacement screws.

Once the bracket is in place, the box (along with a fairing originally intended to blend with the Yaris console) it set atop of it and secured by four more screws through the bottom of the box. Once in place, you have a solid (if somewhat low, as is common in all automobiles) arm rest, with a pivoting door that leads to the modest storage compartment. At the rear of the box is a fold down cup holder.

I am going to slightly modify the arm rest by doing the following:

1) Trimming the front of the fairing so that the edge is brought up to the top of the cutout for the Yaris handbrake lever. This will remove the cutout (which is hardly noticeable), allowing better access to the open storage beneath the arm rest box

2) I am going to raise the entire assembly about three inches. I will do this by purchasing four longer screws and four nipples such as those used in lamps to attach the components. These threaded tubes are rigid as hell, and will hold the whole thing erect and wobble-free.

Once raised, the top of the arm rest will be in position to serve as an arm rest for these tall people. It will also have the happy coincidence of raising the cup holder so it will be clear of the rear seats when they are folded down.

The part was listed as "

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 JDM TOYOTA IST SCION xD CENTER CONSOLE BOX KITS" on eBay, but your price through your local Toyota dealer.

• 3 months later...

Some minor updates to the above:

1) I have moved the mounting brackets forward about six inches

2) I have used longer bolts and 1" hollow Nylon spacers to elevate the box portion of the armrest by that amount. Since the mounting leans forward, this has the happy effect of both raising the armrest, and moving it slightly forward.

3) I have replaced the soft black screws supplied with the unit with new screws from the hardware store

The trim shroud over the bottom of the box/top of the bracket still needs to be fastened to the bottom of the box to make for a neater installation. I tried gluing it in place with caulk, but it would not hold; i will use four small black self tapping screws. And, I will hit the silver screw heads fastening the bracket to the seat rails with a dot of black paint to make them blend in.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...