Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Ask For Money From Santapod?

Leeky

:angry: Ok ok so i let it go that they used my car for their magazine adverts but now they are also using it on their banners on their website!!

Should i be asking them for some $$$ or at least some recognition???

www.japshow.com

In a word... "YES!"

It's infringement of copyright, but the major question is if YOU took the photograph or someone else did (I think...)

Yeah thats the thing i didnt take the pciture <_<

And also i have since sold the car so its "technically" not a picture of "my" car anymore :crybaby:

But i think your right, my name at the bottom of each picture shouldn't be too much to ask. Or even better LEEKY written on them :lol:

problem is .. on buying the tickets you'll be allowing them to filming/record etc .. it'll be the same as at concerts ..

Tricky one this.......

If there was a notice about them using any images they like from the show u were at then by attending you agreed in kind to them using a pic of your car for ad purposes.

If they made no notice or statement then they should really ask for yur permission although you would not really have a case to fight in the long run.

Courtesy should be in place though and it is not too much to ask that you be accredited as the owner of the car at the time.

Overall it is the person who took the photograph who OWNS THE COPYRIGHT of the image BUT..............the picture should not be used for advertising without a release form signed by the cars owner......it can however be used for editorial work without your permission at any time unless it was in a derogative or liabelous way.

In other words its probably a waste of time :lol:

I guess i may just have to let this one go :( Oh well B)

You could always drop them an email, or a quick letter, for the price of a stamp, you may not get out but hell..a free mug would be better than nout!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links