Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'08 Sr180 Spare Wheel Enquiry

NickSw

SWMBO's SR180 has suffered a puncture and was found to have a flat tyre this morning, just as she was leaving for work. Fortunately the alloy wheel is undamaged. Couldn't fit the spare as it does not have one. Rather than use the supplied can of cludge, took both fronts off and had new tyres fitted as they were becoming due for replacement. Very fortunate that this happened whilst the car was at home.

If this happened on the road she would not have a clue what to do. She can change a wheel but that's about it. We don't intend to part with the car in the near future.

Can anyone tell me if a 5 stud steel rim from another Toyota (or other make) will fit this car and also fit into the well provided in the boot.

This is more for peace of mind than anything. Steel rim will be fine, even one of those skinny get-u-home things. Will purchase new if necessary.

Don't recall rim/tyre sizes off hand but can provide these if of any help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Nick.

I sourced a full-size spare from eBay, so I'm sure you'd find a steel wheel there. I'm not sure if the space-saver wheel for other Auris models will fit over the SR's brakes ?

My SR180 only had the can of gunk and compressor, so i tried sourcing a space saver from two local Toyota garages. The first said they could get the rim only but struggle to get the tyre to match

Part No: T42611-0F090 deliverd £59.00 rim only

Needs: T125/80 17 tyre

The second refused to sell me one because the car didn't leave the showroom with one. I did, however end up sourcing one from eBay brand new £20 (£120 from toyota with tyre). There is a claim that the space saver won't fit on the front because of the caliper size, i've not tested this theory yet, however, on different threads, members say they have tried this and have fitted the spacesaver front and rear)

Worst case, if i have a puncture in the front i will take a back wheel off and stick the space saver on then stick the full size rear on the front. double the work i know but still better than that s**t in a can which trashes your tyre.

Not sure if this helps, or if your other half would fancy doing this.

Brett

• 5 weeks later...

Changed my wheels over to my winter wheels last week, thought I'd try my space saver on the front to see if it fits over the brakes whilst I was at it - I can confirm that it does fit.

I have a space saver spare for the T180 from when I had this car, its never been used and is brand new. It fits in the space where the compressor/fixture is and it is held firmly down by the long screw.

If you are interested in have it for £20 then private message me.

Nice one - I'm sure someone will have this, especially as a full-size spare is heavier & takes up a lot of boot space !

I'm the other way round - to be honest I'd rather have a full size spare! Since I have a set of Prius alloys for my winter tyres I thought I'd try and keep a summer tyre in the boot as spare but no - there isn't enough room the tyre well isn't deep enough :no: