Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club Gear!
      Get Your Club Gear!
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • Huge Range of Toyota Parts
      Huge Range of Toyota Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Vibration In Rav4 2007

3 posts in this topic

wondered if anyone has had the same issues ??

got a rav4 2007 xtr.

love it but for the very annoying vibration i get around 40mph upwards.

it sounds as if its from both the wing mirrors and / or inside both front doors.

nothing obvious ....no visible shake on mirrors. cant get in the door panels to see if there is anything there. had wheels balanced - no different !!

if anybody has had the same issue, how the hell did you fix it....it drives me !Removed! mad!

petrol or diesel?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Norunec
      Right. I'm a bit new to this Forum, so apologies in advance etc.
      I've got a vibration that kicks in at about 55mph under aceleration.
      It isn't the wheels, had them re-balanced, tyres have been checked.
      I've ordered a new (OE quality) driveshaft, which as I type this, has just arrived!
      I am going to swap it out but, does anyone know the part number for the oil seal?
      And has anyone ever encountered a worn diff bearing/internal spline housing? The shaft feels like there's some movement!
      Finally, when I take the wheel hub nut off, which has a punched in section, doe sit have to be replaced with a new one?
      Any help gratefully received! Any other tips to doing this job also!
    • By abouttobebankrupt
      We have had our 2010 toyoya rav4 XTR D4D for 6 months and took it to the garage for a recall and they have now found out that our coolant is leaking and think the head gasket has failed. We are looking at a minimum of £1800 but may be way more to fix the problem. Gutted is an understatement. A friend alerted us to the fault with the toyota head gaskets and the agreement that toyota will replace an engine if the car is less than 7 years old and under 103000 miles. We fit both of these criteria but after a lot of reading on here and other sites its looks to me that the problem with the engine got sorted in 2009 which means our engine should have been fine. Is this right? Does anyone have any helpful information, we are terrified of the financial problems this could cause. 
      Thanks in advance.
    • By audio
      RAV4 VX 2002 diesel manual - had the engine warning light glow when on the motorway yesterday, Friday, and lost 80 percent of power, it was like the hand brake being on
      No back fire or other noises
      Pulled / crept into a safe parking area that luckily appeared in a few yards, checked oil levels and contacts
      Thankfully (good Toyota! ) it started again without the light and I was able to completed my journey :) NO problems
      But I will go to the garage monday to get a diagnostic
      I do not think anyone can tell what it is without the computer check but I write this message
      in case anyone has any advice  Thank you 
    • By Joshb92
      I've owned a 1998 RAV4 for just over a year now it's done 120,000 miles. 
      About 6 months into owning it 5th gear started to slip, I know this can be a common problem. Maybe more to my stupidity in knowing I was only really driving it down carriageways I was happy keeping it in 4th but recently it's starting to slip out of 4th of I'm going at low RPM just over 30MPH if I put it into 4th over 40mph it doesn't slip at out or hasn't yet I've been reaching 70mph in 4th quite a lot now for about 8 months. 
      I absoloutely love the RAV but what I want to know is if anyone might be able to give me an idea into what the issue might be and is it worth trying to fix, or might it just be time to start looking for a new car?
    • By fishfingers24
      Hi all I am new to this forum so hope I have posted this in the right space.
      I have the saloon 2015 model and I have currently done 30k in 7 months. Don't worry I'm a taxi driver so that's normal.
      I have a strange noise (vibration) which sounds like it is coming from inside the dashboard  (passenger side)
      The noise usually occurs when the engine is struggling slightly. An example would be going up a slight hill in high gear. I have also found the sound is more noticeable on more uneven roads but also when you pull off with a slight ***** which sounds more of a creaking sound.
      I had my partner experience the problem with me when I took it for a test drive. She said she could feel the vibration from the (windscreen end of the dashboard)
      I have tried many things. Looking for loose objects under the dashboard. Removing wipers etc but with no such look. However it does seem the problem is more frequent when the engine is warm.
      If anyone has any idea please let me know. I have it booked in next week as the noise drives me crazy expecially when you are in it 8 hours a day.
      Many thanks