Do Not Sell My Personal Information

American Toyota Carina 1972

Katyas Carina

I have a 1072 Toyota Carina, and they are very rare in the US. I have driven it for about 18 years/ very sold old car. But some repair parts are hard to get. I am looking for information. My car is an automatic. And has the usual yellow with brown interior. I have been told that Carinas were shipped to the Us By mistake. This explanes why there are so few here. Any information would be appreciated

Katyas Carina

• 1 month later...

:) hello fellow carina owner if you are looking for carina parts good luck, unfortunately i have lots of trouble getting parts for my 1979 carina estate. the best bet is to enlsit the help of a friendly toyota dealer. this site does not give much assistance. the carina seems to be the forgotten car you cant even get a repair manual for it.

I've also got a 1979 Carina saloon in the UK. Seems nobody cares about Carinas any more and its almost impossible to get parts. Its possible some Toyota dealers here in UK still stock some old stuff that didn't get bought years ago when the Carina was a popular car here. Now they are all in Africa, or at least the running gear is - the bodies probably long since rusted away to nothing as mine is starting to do.

I don't know if this will help, but looking at the toyota service manuals i got, it seems the 1978-1982 Carina shares a load of parts with the 78-82 Celicas (RA40 and TA40).

May be worth trying to get celica parts cos they could be the same.

You should look for Engine/Transsmission/Braking/...technical Parts of the Corolla Versions TE3#, TE5# or TE7#...

These were sold very often in US...

• 8 months later...

Yes Alex and Tony, we know the Carinas share the same floor pan and all mechanical components with the Celica, they even share the same chassis code TA40 and were built on the same production line. Mechanical spares are not a problem, but where on earth can we find body panels which are the first thing to go on these cars?

I've just acquired a TA12 Carina from 1972 which has the same floorpan and mechanicals as the first generation Celica. I've got plenty of mechanical spares for it but I need to repair the accident damaged front end. I need a wing, a front valance, both inner wings, and front headlamp panel. Please let me know if you know somewhere I can try.

I'm even considering cutting the front off the TA40 and welding that on.

• 12 years later...

I need both headlight chrome bezels  with the grille extension piece where they mount to it, do you know who might habe this parts

IMG_4090.JPG