Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Am Going To Change My Tyres

knowlson

Ok at the moment I am running 205/45 r16 I can get the same size tyres again but my mate pete just got 16" also and he has 195/45/r16 and there is a big diffrence in the way both the cars act over bumps and on the motorway.

I have a choice to either get

195/45/r16

205/45/r16

215/40/r16

Just want to know what people reckon the best size wheel for a 16 inch rim would be??

Cheers

Ok at the moment I am running 205/45 r16 I can get the same size tyres again but my mate pete just got 16" also and he has 195/45/r16 and there is a big diffrence in the way both the cars act over bumps and on the motorway.

I have a choice to either get

195/45/r16

205/45/r16

215/40/r16

Just want to know what people reckon the best size wheel for a 16 inch rim would be??

Cheers

when you say the cars act in different ways is your mates better or worse?

Mine is a bit worse

Before I had my engine conversion when it was exactly the same as my mate pete's car I used 205/45 r16 and it was a hard ride petes new wheels are 16" he has all the same mods as my car but the ride quality is better we where just thinking it could be to do with the tyres.

Please foget that I have a bigger heavier engine as I just want to know what size people recomment for a 16" wheel I dont want to be told it is to do with my heavier engine as I drove my rolla with a 1.64afe with 205/45 r16's for years and it never felt like my mate pete's with the 195/45/r16 tyres.

it depends on the width of your wheel,any wheel bigga

than 7j 195 tyres look to small,

ive got 195 45 16 on a 7j superlegga rides great.

kim

Mine is a bit worse

Before I had my engine conversion when it was exactly the same as my mate pete's car I used 205/45 r16 and it was a hard ride petes new wheels are 16" he has all the same mods as my car but the ride quality is better we where just thinking it could be to do with the tyres.

Please foget that I have a bigger heavier engine as I just want to know what size people recomment for a 16" wheel I dont want to be told it is to do with my heavier engine as I drove my rolla with a 1.64afe with 205/45 r16's for years and it never felt like my mate pete's with the 195/45/r16 tyres.

the ride quality wll change from car to car even if you have the same mods any little thing can make a difference think of the springs how difficult it must be to make 2 springs identical or the valving in the shocks the holes only need to be the tinyist bit larger or smaller and it'll make a difference.

As for the tyre did he have the same brand as you that'll also make a difference?

The size of the tyre you want to fit is up to you as kimi said what size J wheel have you got? are you worried about the speedo going out? have you got enough wheel arch clearence? are you worried about fuel ecomony?