Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius 2008 Repair Mans Manual ?

ksor

I'm new to the Prius 2008 - I haven't got it yet but I will !

As a part of the deal I want a "Repair mans manual" - and wants some hints to help the dealer where he could get it !

Can you help me with such hints so that the dealer can't avoid delevering such a manual to me ?

Repair manuals are online, or can be ordered on CD, from www.toyota-tech.eu.

They are not inexpensive...

Generally it's not a good idea to let dealers other than Toyota service a Prius. There have been stories of them being left in ready mode on ramps and coming to life when not expected by inexperienced mechanics!

Generally it's not a good idea to let dealers other than Toyota service a Prius. There have been stories of them being left in ready mode on ramps and coming to life when not expected by inexperienced mechanics!

The dealer IS a Toyota dealer - I just want to be sure that he can't refuse delivering the repair manual because "he don't know where to find it" ! :disgust:

I want to use it for seeing "How to do" all the small mechanical repairments you CAN do as a skilled repair man.

There are no paper workshop manuals for a Prius ( or any post year 2000 new model Toyotas) available from Toyota all the information is held online. Toyota obviously give their dealers free access to this, as stated above Toyota make this information available (for a fee) via www.toyota-tech.eu. There is no way for a dealer to give you a free manual or free access to the service information.

There are no paper workshop manuals for a Prius ( or any post year 2000 new model Toyotas) available from Toyota all the information is held online. Toyota obviously give their dealers free access to this, as stated above Toyota make this information available (for a fee) via www.toyota-tech.eu. There is no way for a dealer to give you a free manual or free access to the service information.

How can you say that ?

Here are some text from the FAQ om the site:

Q. How do I get access to the information?

A. You can search the library for manuals by publication type, model, model code or language or any combination. The search result will produce a list of available publications with icons to identify the available formats. Some publication types (for example Bulletins and Accessory installation manuals) are immediately available to view “free of charge” others require you to register and purchase a subscription.

Formats

Online view (Subscription required for some types)

Book or Compact disc (Available via the webshop or print a pick list and purchase via a local Toyota or Lexus dealer)

Obviously the info is avaiable on CD - right ?