Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Fuse Have I Blown?

VVTIMY

Hi all, I'd really appreciate some help with resolving a problem I managed to create for myself:

I've got a 2009 Aygo, this weekend I managed to short the positive wire from the Alternator to the Ground on the car. Now I have the ABS, PAS lights on the Dash, no electric windows and no PAS.

I've checked the main fuse box behind the Battery and cannot see any blown fuses. I've also looked at the fuses at both ends of the Instrument Cluster; at the left of the cluster the fuses are all intact, however they are not getting any power (the right side of the cluster is seeing power and the fuses are intact). I've also checked the 2 fuses behind the Cluster and these look fine, as far as I could tell they aren't getting power either.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of any other fuses I should check?

It still starts and drives etc but I'm not risking it so have left it parked up...

Thanks in advance.

If you have a 1KR-FE then according to a diagram I have there is a 120A alternator fuse somewhere - so it'll be a big sucker.

If the shading is correct it'll be in the same block as the 10A fuses for hazard and horn, as well as maybe a dozen others and a couple of relays.

That big alternator fuse feeds one of the main ABS fuses (40A) and also one labelled 50A EMPS which I think feeds the P/S (both in the same block according to the shading).

No good just looking at fuses - you need to pull them out and test them to be sure they are good/bad.

Thank you, I will check those large fuses / relays tonight. My brother has a Citroen C1 so I'll swap them over and see if it starts working. I've got a circuit tester for regular fuses but dont have any way to check the larger items.

If you have a 1KR-FE then according to a diagram I have there is a 120A alternator fuse somewhere - so it'll be a big sucker.

If the shading is correct it'll be in the same block as the 10A fuses for hazard and horn, as well as maybe a dozen others and a couple of relays.

That big alternator fuse feeds one of the main ABS fuses (40A) and also one labelled 50A EMPS which I think feeds the P/S (both in the same block according to the shading).

No good just looking at fuses - you need to pull them out and test them to be sure they are good/bad.

Finally got round to looking into this over the weekend. Here is the fuse: It looks like the whole fuse box needs to be removed in order to change this one. Toyota couldnt tell me how much it is until they see it.

92F312E1-B51E-4CA7-BBA4-341ABC98E7D2-5808-00000325D3E82D45.jpg

So where is the fuse you are talking about. Is it across the gap where (presumably) those lugged cable bolt in?

Presumably a fusible link rather than a plug-in fuse then (which makes sense if its the 120A job).

Try the relay behind the radio - when you remove it you lose PAS, steering and windows and windscreen wipers I think.

So where is the fuse you are talking about. Is it across the gap where (presumably) those lugged cable bolt in?

Presumably a fusible link rather than a plug-in fuse then (which makes sense if its the 120A job).

Yes it's the gap in the middle of the picture. The two wires bolt at both ends of it. I've managed to get it replaced and now everything works :)

• 4 years later...
14 hours ago, Gem85 said:

Hi I am having the same problem but can't see any pictures u have posted could u tell me what bit I need to change?

Its the but that's not in/missing from the picture you can't see! 😂