Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

7th Gen Celica

kerlyn

Hi

This is a different system but same setup, i guess your looking at a hour or so depends on your knowledge.

Celica: How-To Install an Injen Intake

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=424

FUNKY PRODUCT

Japanese Performance Parts & Accessories

www.funkyproduct.co.uk

these kits will do the 190+140 i emailed them to ask as ive the 140 model to ask and this is what they said.

That is correct, its just a straight forward swap and no other bits to buy or cut etc.

However, this kit is ideally designed for the 190 celicas and not the 140 models. However, we have supplied these kits to many customers with the 140 model celicas and they have fitted fine with minor adjustments on the way you angle the intake pipe.

Injen Short Intake - Celica 140

Item number 1763

The Injen Technology Intake System is a high performance air induction system made of mandrel bent 6061 aluminum. Each intake is carefully engineered for proper fitment and performance. Many other intakes in the market use only a 3" diameter tube, which may cause friction between the Battery and the intake system, dented hoods, and uneven air flow. Injen Technology has taken extra measures to ensure these mistake do not happen. Injen is capable of bending 2.5", 2.75", and 3" in diameter with many variations of the degree of bends. Injen Intake Systems comes complete with K&N style performance filter, silicone hose, all necessary brackets, nuts, bolts and washers. This kit is for the 2000+ Celica 140.

Pipe, filter and coupler colour may vary

Price : £ 185.00 (plus postage)

link

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php?car...atTypeNumber=78

Hope this is of some help to you or anybody else who wants a induction kit to fit their gen7 :eek:

btw anybody know how to post your own pics on here as ive some of my gen 7 ones to post

:thumbsup: Fozzy,

Great reply and very helpful. I may seem a little dumb but do you know how these actually work? or what kind of performance upgrade your likely to see. Am I right in thinking that they make your engine breathe more easily?

Thanks for your help.

Yep its all about how much cold clean air you can get in,when a mass produced car is made there are normally cutbacks or bad design or even noise issue's as a induction kit is more noisy as the air is being sucked in and thats where you hear the throaty noise,so the company's out there make induction kits that make the engine breath more easily thus increasing engine power. i know there are 2 types of induction kits one is the short intake (easier to fit) and the other i believe is run from inlet manifold to the front wheel arch (sombody else maybe able to shelter i bit more light onto this) ive heard that the later one can give a increase between 10bhp and 12bhp the shorter ones are probs about 6bhp to 10bhp which is not a bad bang for your buck, it also gives the car a better sound under ecceleration.i know there are people on here who know more on this subject so if you guyz wanna add you ten penneth feel free. :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links