Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Torque (On Android) Sensor Readings

tubaman

I bought a module similar to this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-OBD-II-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-ELM327-v1-5-Mini-Adapter-Torque-For-Android-/390980209315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b083c8aa3

Just took one from the least expensive side (some GBP), everything worked just fine, no problem. Unless you want to explore which device is the best and gives you most information :D

Thanks a lot for the input guys!

I'm also looking for the least expensive types :D

• 1 month later...

Think I pMar-21_15-37-31.pdfaid a tenner for my ELM327 from eBay ~ it's proper fancy though with an on/off button :)

I've had no issues whatsoever with the adaptor although the app itself has a couple of niggles.For instance I've fed in all my vehicle data (only started using it 2 weeks ago mind !!!) and have refined it right down to drag and gear ratios etc but it can't seem to calculate my MPG very accurately.....it reckons an avg 52mpg from a 1.8 vvti ??? Try 35mpg.Volumetric efficiency it's not giving me anymore things like that but overll I'm impressed.

I used it to clear 2 DTC fault codes after I rectified the cause of the codes and they are gone,fixed !!!!

Here's my data and sensor readings from today.Mar-21_15-37-31.pdf

trackLog-2015-Mar-22_08-09-29.pdf

Good job :)

Well, with MPG, it depends on physical sensors itself, how precise they are, how many and what kind there are, etc. That generally depends on how new your car is.

You have to experiment by yourself to get the best out of all it because manufacturers do not give you these tools.

Hi Klaidonis, yeah that's the whole point it's a case of experimenting and refining.And fun. I didn't buy the app and ELM as a serious diagnostic tool, I already have a £120 Sealey OBDII scan tool that's excellent for analysing dtc's, live data and clearing codes.

I got Torque Pro without any expectations for precision data or to do what my scan tool can but more for getting an idea of Bhp, torque and because it can log the live data for further study.

I've always been a little suspicious of apps that rely on GPS and accelerometers to infer power, speed, fuel consumption etc believing it cannot be better than my cars sensors and more likely not as accurate. I mean every GPS app i've tried shows that accuracy is always changing from about 10 feet to 40 or 50 so it's not constant. As for accelerometers they require highly specific parameters like mass, gear ratios, drag,wheel circumference etc, etc and any inaccuracies with these measures will compound and compromise the data it gives.

My trip computer in my car has proven to be accurate enough to be trustworthy over time. Since I've had the car I've always calculated the potential milage of the fuel I've added and compared them. The range can be dubious but the average consumption has been pretty spot on, right down to putting a tenner in on empty and working out how far I can get before it runs out lol.

I've got a fuel economy and racing meters plug ins for Torque Pro. I reset the fuel economy data the other day after refining my car profile. The base app is now within 3mpg of my car, racibg meters out by 8-9mpg but the dedicated fuel efficiency plug in still believes I'm getting 58mpg..... I wish.

My speedo disagrees with the app too particularly as speed increases by up to 7 or 8mph at 80mph but again I'm not yet convinced that GPS is more accurate than the VSS... I'm running the stock alloys so it should be reasonable certainly far exceeding the old Fords I cut my teeth on with their speedo cables.lol.

Hi Klaidonis, yeah that's the whole point it's a case of experimenting and refining.And fun. I didn't buy the app and ELM as a serious diagnostic tool, I already have a £120 Sealey OBDII scan tool that's excellent for analysing dtc's, live data and clearing codes.

I got Torque Pro without any expectations for precision data or to do what my scan tool can but more for getting an idea of Bhp, torque and because it can log the live data for further study.

I've always been a little suspicious of apps that rely on GPS and accelerometers to infer power, speed, fuel consumption etc believing it cannot be better than my cars sensors and more likely not as accurate. I mean every GPS app i've tried shows that accuracy is always changing from about 10 feet to 40 or 50 so it's not constant. As for accelerometers they require highly specific parameters like mass, gear ratios, drag,wheel circumference etc, etc and any inaccuracies with these measures will compound and compromise the data it gives.

My trip computer in my car has proven to be accurate enough to be trustworthy over time. Since I've had the car I've always calculated the potential milage of the fuel I've added and compared them. The range can be dubious but the average consumption has been pretty spot on, right down to putting a tenner in on empty and working out how far I can get before it runs out lol.

I've got a fuel economy and racing meters plug ins for Torque Pro. I reset the fuel economy data the other day after refining my car profile. The base app is now within 3mpg of my car, racibg meters out by 8-9mpg but the dedicated fuel efficiency plug in still believes I'm getting 58mpg..... I wish.

My speedo disagrees with the app too particularly as speed increases by up to 7 or 8mph at 80mph but again I'm not yet convinced that GPS is more accurate than the VSS... I'm running the stock alloys so it should be reasonable certainly far exceeding the old Fords I cut my teeth on with their speedo cables.lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links