Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Water In Spare Tyre Well

Phild

Noticed some water in spare tyre well of my Gen 7 celica after yesterdays rain. Is this normal? Shhould there be some 'drain holes' or anything? Anybody got any experience of this before.

Thanks

There was someone on here before mentioning that. He said he'd looked at a few at garages & they all had the same problem. I think he said there was a drain plug to remove to get rid of the water.

Can't remember what the problem was other than he thought it was due to all the cars standing on fourcourts with there boot lids open collecting rain water?

Hope you sort it. :thumbsup:

should be dry as a chip m8

check your boot seal (look for splits or holes) also have you fitted modded lights?

i know there are seals on the rear lights and if they have been disturbed they can weep in water.if you open the boot there are 2 pull down flaps (oeeer) left and right inside you will see (just about) 3 nuts (10mm) in size, try tightening them.

also maybe the car has had a rear end shunt at some time but i doubt it but you never know. get the history checked on it.

• 2 years later...

i had this problem with my yaris, however i unplugged 1 of the plugs from the spare tyre well and also i think maybe it was because i had modded lights and water was getting in from there so i used some of that transparant sealant stuff and went round the edge, its fine now

• 1 year later...

got same problem in my gen 7, did you ever find out the solution/cause? I have a sun roof on mine and seal on that is alittle distorted, althou i havent noticed any water coming in, taking it in to toyota on weds to get them to take a look at it.

The most common cause of this is the seal around the rear Lights.

if your celica has a rear spoiler the center piece of the spoiler is not secured properley so it allows water to pass. if you remove the boot lid panel you'll see the center stud will have a plastic stopper/securer on it this is were the water gets in

i have removed the spoiler on several cars with this problem i get rid of the plastic piece add new sealer and resecure but instead of using the plastic piece i use a nut and washer let the sealer set and water test it this does the trick

the lights and seals also go though

hope this helps

The most common cause of this is the seal around the rear Lights.

Yup, thats where mine used to leak. Cured it by removing the light clusters, (passenger side was where the water was getting in BTW) and creating a new gasket with some RTV sealant.

Check at the bottom of where the jack is stored too, mine was like a small paddling pool in there!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links