Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav Moans

yaris babe

I have a 61 yaris Tspirit and over the last few days it keeps cutting me off in conversation. My phone is on bluetooth and then on the right hand side if the sat nav screen comes up Phone disconnected and when I try to redial it then states phone not connected and yet the bluetooth is still on my phone! I don't know whether its the phone or the sat nav playing up! Any ideas or similar happenings anyone ? Thanks. yaris babe

Hi

It could possibly be your phone. I've been using a Motorola with no problem, it automatically connects up and never drops out. Then I changed to a Samsung phone and it was a nightmare, I usually had to manually connect the phone because it didn't always auto-connect. I contacted Samsung and they gave me a fix to try, but it only applied to smartphones. So if you've got a smartphone I can post up the fix for it. My phone's just a normal one but Samsung kept getting confused about that. Eventually they told me the phone was faulty. So I've gone back to my old phone and the problems disappeared. If you could get the chance to try out another phone on it.

Hi

It could possibly be your phone. I've been using a Motorola with no problem, it automatically connects up and never drops out. Then I changed to a Samsung phone and it was a nightmare, I usually had to manually connect the phone because it didn't always auto-connect. I contacted Samsung and they gave me a fix to try, but it only applied to smartphones. So if you've got a smartphone I can post up the fix for it. My phone's just a normal one but Samsung kept getting confused about that. Eventually they told me the phone was faulty. So I've gone back to my old phone and the problems disappeared. If you could get the chance to try out another phone on it.

thanks for replying Lorna, actually it is a Samsung phone galaxy ace, if you could post the fix I would be grateful and thanks again

Had a look through my emails, here it is below.

" Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I’m sorry you are experiencing problems with bluetooth on your GT-E2121. I can understand your frustration about this as it is important to be able to call people in the car.

In regards to your query, the issue is usually due to how the Android OS communicates with bluetooth. Android software is Open Source, but bluetooth profiles are not, which means the Android OS doesn't use the same profiles that are required for a lot of cars.

The most common Bluetooth profile that car manufacturers use is called ‘rSAP’, but unfortunately Android does not support this profile at this time.

This means that car communication may be hard to achieve since this profile is designed to allow full control of the phone through another Bluetooth device.

Please try the following process, as sometimes it will make an improvement on the connection, depending on which profile your car uses:

1) Turn on Bluetooth

2) Go to Settings > Applications > Running Services > Look for ‘Bluetooth share’ (there should be at least two) and select the first one

3) Under ‘Services’ at the top of the screen it should read ‘BluetoothPbapService’, if it says this, please select ‘Stop’, if it says something different, try the next ‘Bluetooth share’ under Running Services

All our phones support Bluetooth profiles, so this process will attempt to stop the Android OS controlling the Bluetooth and allow the device to control it instead.

This will need to be performed every time Bluetooth is connected to your car. If this does not work then the issue may be addressed in a future Android OS firmware update. "

It might be worth a go.They got very confused and kept thinking my phone was a smartphone, seems they're not too smart themselves ;) Then they admitted my phone was faulty and told me to take it to one of their walk in repair centres. There are none in NI so I asked them what to do, thinking they'd give me an address to send it to. No, they decided to tell me its supposed to be like that, and that I should switch off the phone's bluetooth every time I get into the car, then switch it on after starting the car. It should auto-connect every time without having to go through all that when my other phone doesn't need all that fuss to work. Even switching bluetooth off and on doesn't always work. I think they're just messing me about waiting for the warranty to run out on the phone. Or else they haven't a clue what they're doing, as one Samsung agent usually contradicts the other.

Anyway, I hope the fix works for you :)

Thank you very much Lorna, will have a look into this, much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links