• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boxa

• igormus

• anchorman

• thewingedavenger

well fitted replacement turbo today and no difference exactly the sam sounds like its chocking with turbo actuator engaged

is the exhaust that bolts to the turbo (the big round one) a cat if so this could be restricting exhaust gases it had oil go through it when old turbo failed

will it be ok to just run it with no exhaust at all all you will see is exhaust impeller

Just round up the street while you see if it pulls OK. Move any plastic or cover it up with kitchen foil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi everybody i know its been a while but I've been very busy so haven't really had a lot of time to spend on the rav anyway the latest news is I've finally

got to the bottom of the problem and hope to have it all up and running by middle of next week so as soon as she's done ill let you know

well finally sorted the problem it was the TURBO I'm not going to go into all the details but turns out the guy who rebuilds them was an idiot and after the 3rd i demanded a refund and had it rebuilt by an excellent company in lancashire top job by proper engineers

my faith in toyota has been restored

at last it has happened.

have a nice motoring

Hey Igor, hows the weather with you?

at last it has happened.

have a nice motoring

Hey Igor, hows the weather with you?

hi DON !!!

we ve had several days as winter's provided with minus and snow, but it seems the winter is currently on the mainlands.

the car wash service has earned a lot of money during this winter due to rainy winter. the winter is not for peninsula surrounded by the warm sea. the only problem is with strong sea stormy wind.

cheers/Igor

• 6 years later...

Hello 

just joined this forum, been reading alot

got this 2003 D4D, 2,0

runs very poor, like the turbo is not there

i just got the car, previous owner gave it up after cannging fuel filter, SCVs, vacuum actuator on turbo w/vrv. 
I checked vrv and vsv and them seems to open/close as they should.

when running on idle i can se that vacuum actuator on the turbo is pulling the link arm on the turbo vanes. 
i just tried to pull the vacuum hose on the actuator on the turbo off and then did a test drive. Could feel that i got power back on higher rpm also a bit more on lower rpm. 
there is no error codes on the car

could the turbo be clogged up, ? Will that be the next thing to check?

I have no history on whats been done to the EGR

cheers

roger