Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk2 Wing Mirror Replacement

t43er

Merry Christmas everyone!

Some low life decides to break my lhs wing mirror on Christmas eve and here I'm asking for advise.

Do you guys have any idea how much it will cost both through toyota dealer? I had a look online and it seems that I can replace it myself. Just need to remove the door assembly and a few bolts. Do you guys have any recommended dealers?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Some low life decides to break my lhs wing mirror on Christmas eve and here I'm asking for advise.

Do you guys have any idea how much it will cost both through toyota dealer? I had a look online and it seems that I can replace it myself. Just need to remove the door assembly and a few bolts. Do you guys have any recommended dealers?

One or two points here. Firstly is the mirror the standard black finish or is it painted? Second, is it heated? There are a lot of variants in mirrors so you need to be sure that you obtain the correct one. If it is painted and heated they are expensive. Is the mirror housing broken or is it just the glass?

Regards Geoff Peace.

The one that is one the car is the electric not heated and it is painted in silver.

Unfortunately the housing is broken so the whole unit needs to be replaced. The mirror is alright though.

The one that is one the car is the electric not heated and it is painted in silver.

Unfortunately the housing is broken so the whole unit needs to be replaced. The mirror is alright though.

I am sorry, but the best bet would seem to be a dealer. Yes I know it will be expensive! all the modern electric mirrors are, then they need to be painted to body colour, around another £50! I have had some experience of ordering mirrors from the likes of eBay, car breakers etc. not personally, but friends have, and they never seem to be correct. Sorry to be doom and gloom but I do not see an alternative, if you want everything to be correct that is. When I say this a friend of mine found it much cheaper to buy two new mirrors, black finish, non heated, non electric and simply accept the situation.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will just stick to the dealer or hunt on the eBay.

The sad thing is, I had to replace two new tyres because the wife hit the kerb. What's worst is that I've found out that there is a bulge on the side wall of another tyre!

Gosh! All these after Chrismas!

Thanks for the info. I guess I will just stick to the dealer or hunt on the ebay.

The sad thing is, I had to replace two new tyres because the wife hit the kerb. What's worst is that I've found out that there is a bulge on the side wall of another tyre!

Gosh! All these after Chrismas!

Life will throw everything at you, but you can never find it to throw anything back! Sorry to hear of your problems. However, in a similar situation, which I have found myself in many times in my life, I remember the words of Chuchill, 'Keep buggering on'

Regards Geoff Peace.

Please excuse my ignorance but when you say housing are you referring to the black part or the silver? The reason I ask is that if it's just the painted part (silver bit) then it's just a cover that comes in a primer finish that can be painted to match your car, I know it's still an expense but it'll be far cheaper than having to buy the whole unit.

If I've misunderstood your post then please ignore my reply.

Thanks Geoff.

Please excuse my ignorance but when you say housing are you referring to the black part or the silver? The reason I ask is that if it's just the painted part (silver bit) then it's just a cover that comes in a primer finish that can be painted to match your car, I know it's still an expense but it'll be far cheaper than having to buy the whole unit.

If I've misunderstood your post then please ignore my reply.

It's the base unit. Basically someone decide to forcefully wracked the wing mirror hence cracked the base. The silver cover is till reusable but it's cracked as well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links