Help

Calisto

I need to top up on my PSF for my girl. :help:

What brand should I go for???

Thanks Ash.

true

theres not much difference in PS fluid, but you can still get crappy brands

i know DOT do it and id personally go for that being as its a good brand

Yeah those turn-fast power steering fluids are pretty trick!!! or not, sorry just talking s#!t, but I may have this wrong isn't DOT the rating like SAE on oils. We stock (I work part time in a parts shop) dot 3 & 4 brake fluids (both mineral) and DOT 5.1 (synthetic) of which mixing not really advised (they don't mix!!!). I wasn't aware that power steering fluid was rated like that, actually I thought it was DXIII, or common ATF. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats right.

dunno now? perhaps ive lost the plot i know thats that DOT rating number/code, i just thought there was a brand called DOT???

ill shurrup!

Yo Jaxx just to confirm there is a brand called Dot I have been to BMS, and I got

Eurolite 1 engine oil (my dipstick was dry) :blink: and my power steering fluid. :thumbsup:

hehe cheers asha!

thought i was loosing my marbles! :D

I'll take your word for it, never seen it but then again it takes several centuries for products to reach New Zealand in this far corner of the world. Hope you got your marbles back.

yes, big thanks to Asha for finding my marbles and duely returning them :D

Automatic transmission fluid will also work as power steering fluid. This is expecially helpful if your rack is leaking. I run AT fluid in mine and it stopped the power steering leak and it steers like a dream. For those of you who think I'm nuts, I'm not. :D