Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Yaris Cd Player And Radio Dont Work

ron225

after many years of perfect operation one day the original cd and radio stopped working. the nearby cigarette lighter works, and all other electrics appear to work.

i have checked the relevant fuses by the steering wheel.

i removed the dash and using a voltmeter i could not find +12V in any of the leads to the CD player. I did find 12V to the cigarette lighter and the display.

So i have to change out the radio/CD player, this is possible with a breakers yard or on eBay, and not difficult. Yet with no 12V i am not sure it will work either.

Any tips? Which is the power input wire to this? Are there any fuses i am missing? Is there a security code issue if i use a replacement unit? Is this a warranty issue?

Not too sure that after 11 years you would get much success on the warranty claim.

Have you checked the radio input plug for any signs of a voltage with the ignition switched on?

It may be a job for a local Auto Electrician......Good luck :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links