Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting Problems 2.0 D4D

ghsaunders40

Question regarding the Toyota software updates.

I suspect that there are many Auris's still using the original SCV valve or have been replaced with the same type original short version SCV. A number of these vehicles have had updated software by Toyota for general updates during servicing etc..

Because software 302v0000 is designed to increase the fuel pressure, how does this effect vehicles fitted with the original short scv valve? I also assume that software 302v0000 is now outdated and there are newer versions that also increase the fuel pressure on start up?

Is it the case that if you have the original scv valve fitted, Toyota will not carry out any software updates to 302v0000 or higher?

• 1 year later...

On 3/25/2014 at 8:51 PM, wastedagen said:

Only had it done yesterday but so far every push of the button the car has started straight away. I will know for sure over the next two mornings as it's gonna be 0°C tomorrow and 1°c on Thursday... I'll let you know how it behaves...

I will check my bill when I get home and clarify how much the ecu update was.....

EDIT : in fact I'm sure it was only 45+vat...because I had the valve at £250+vat, ecu update 45+vat and my brake fluid changed at £39+vat....My final bill was £393

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Toyota OC mobile app

Edit update........So far with all the chilly and damp mornings the car has started first time every time. So I can safely say, this scv change and ecu update fixed all my starting problems.........and as Edd China says. " Job Done".

FINALLY, WAS THE PROBLEM SOLVED BY CHANGING THE SCV AND UPDATING THE SOFTWARE?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links