Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 Saloon -Water In Boot

alan333

Hi,

I've recently got an 09 Avensis saloon and discovered the spare wheel compartment had a quarter inch of water in it. On further investigation I found the water to be coming from the o/s rear corner. After removing the relevant insulation/trim panels I found the complete inside of the metal quarter panel to be covered in condensation, rather than a leaky area or light cluster seal etc. The vent isn't blocked.

Any suggestions welcome.

Alan

Two known issues on T27 Avensis :

1. The rear 1/4 panel vent seals spilt in behind the bumper, you will have to remove the bumper to access them

Untitled_zpsce4987f7.jpg

2. The rear lamp lens's are known to crack and allow water in.

Devon

Thanks for the reply. The vent was loose and chattering against the metalwork a bit. It looked like it should've had a rubber seal or something around it so I used some sticky foam filler tape and it is now tight and reasonably well sealed. Perhaps I should source the correct seal and go from there.

Thanks again.

I will use the topic to ask similar question:

Is there similar issue for 2006/ T25 Avensis? I mean humidity inside the car is too big. When outside is cold the windows get very steamy particularly rear door one (liftback) comparing to other cars around mine.

I looked everywhere inside the car and car boot but didn't find any moisture/leakage or condense. I putted hygrometer inside the boot and always the humidity is about 75% which I think is too high...

Any ideas...

• 3 months later...

Sorry it took so long to report back but you were correct Devon Aygo, water ingress was from the vents behind the bumper. It's been completely dry for a couple of months now.

Thanks again.