Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power steering problem....??

//TRDsportz

K I dunno why but I can noticably feel the power steering in my car has suddenly made the wheel lighter. I aint hit any potholes, kerbed it etc etc. Ive not filled the tyres with more air in like 2 months so it should have in all likelyhood made the steering heavier. The tires are 17" 215/40. Ive been told its because of the weather/conditions tires stay cold(they are hard compound)+a bit o ice on the tarmac(it is glasgow afetr all). But is it really the weather or is it possibly something mechanical. Any solutions any1?

• 1 month later...

Interested to see your posting, I've have exactly the same problem with a Rav4. A feeling that the steering has got lighter literally overnight for no apparent reason. I checked all the obvious things, tyres, any freeplay etc.

I've been into two dealers who both say they can't find a fault but having driven the car for around 6 months every day I know its definitely different.

Anyone out there with any suggestions - your comments would be appreciated.

• 4 months later...

I noticed the same thing a few months ago. It also sometimes wants to follow the ruts in the road but on a smooth straight road stay straight and not drift.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links