Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intro

Flipt-UK

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum, and car modifications i must add.

I am the proud owner of a 96 paseo si, i am looking to modify it as it looks bland!!

Can anyone help with links for suspension or exhausts (i need prices!!!), as im getting some new rims 17". I looked into 18"s, but the extra cost of replacment tyres, arch rubbing, and not to mention the increase in price for just an extra 1".

p.s the new gen1 mod for the gen2 bodykit from x-racing looks sweet!!!! :drool:

Keep saving the pennies. :thumbsup:

Flipt

post-47-1082672282.jpg

i am looking to modify it as it looks bland!!

:o What!! :D

Anyway - welcome to TOC!

There seem to be lots of new Seo owners cropping up this week! Whats going on?! :ph34r::lol:

Suspension: I've got SPAX -40mm with no rubbing probs, or you've got Pi and quite a few others who make kits. Have a look at Demon Tweeks, POTN or any of those type of places for that. You're looking at around £80 odd for lowering springs, more if you want to go for coilovers from the States.

Exhausts: It's a custom job as no-one makes off the shelf items, check out Powerflow, Longlife (exhaustsuk.com I think) or any of those uni fit one's but most of those won't fit because of the where the box sits in relation to the rear bumper. My Powerflow backbox was £180 - so you looking around there & upwards in terms of price.

Hope thats a help. :thumbsup:

where abouts are you in the UK, if your anywhere near the midlands, there is Custom Chromes in Nuneaton for exhausts, otherwise i think powerflow is your only other option...

as for suspension, if you just want lowering springs, then Spax (97Seo) or Pi (on my car) and probably TTE are the way to go. if you want coilovers, then i think you have to look stateside...

check out the Booster kit too, its a lot more subtle then the x-racing stuff...

Welcome to TOC

Ive found a few exhaust places in my travels - but they pretty much only do a custom exhaust - the paseo stuff isnt really popular so they dont do off the shelf stuff....

depending on where you are i might know some where

Jag & simon pretty much covered the coilovers/springs etc.

anyways welcome aboard :thumbsup:

J

Thanx for the great welcome and info guys!! :thumbsup:

Im gonna go for Spax or PI kits and lower -40mm, i guess ill get the cheatest of the two and get a strut bace aswell.

Im looking at Wolfrace alloys 17" Voodoo 2 or Pro Race, unsure of which to get. Please give me your opinions???

Found at Rochford Tyres.

Mellow: I must agree with you on the Booster Kit. :thumbsup:

97Paseo: Sweet ride mate!!!! Any new mods on the horizon??

Thanx again. By the way im from Peterborough.

97Paseo: Sweet ride mate!!!! Any new mods on the horizon??

Cheers. :thumbsup: Fancy some interior stuff but there's not much about. :rolleyes:

Out of the two wheels I like the Pro Race I think - although the Voodoo's are a bit cheaper!

Strut brace is a good idea - myself & DazH have them & they do help the handling. Check out the Garage for the pic if you haven't already.

If you're gonna spend a fair bit mods wise you might benefit from becoming a Gold member, you'll get discounts on the suspension, wheels & brace. :thumbsup:

i kinda like the urban racers in black to be honest. but of your choice, the pro racers are better imo

p.s. dont compliment si too much on his car, he gets a big head from it! :lol: :P (only messin si) :thumbsup:

p.s. dont compliment si too much on his car, he gets a big head from it! :lol: :P (only messin si) :thumbsup:

Na your right! :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers for the link james, its now in my fav's so ill get a quote. :thumbsup:

My last service showed that i need two new rear shocks in about 2-3 months. i want to lower the car so what is my best course of action? Do i get a whole kit, or just go for springs in the standard shocks? i cant find pi kits for the paseo, but i can find springs alone. Please help im in confusion, i know what i want to do, but no clue on how to do it!!!! :wacko:

Flipt

There seem to be lots of new Seo owners cropping up this week! Whats going on?! :ph34r::lol:

my thoughts exactly, Si! welcome to the club, mate

Exhausts: It's a custom job as no-one makes off the shelf items, check out Powerflow, Longlife (exhaustsuk.com I think) or any of those uni fit one's but most of those won't fit because of the where the box sits in relation to the rear bumper. My Powerflow backbox was £180 - so you looking around there & upwards in terms of price.

I found a 93 Paseo Exhuast system made from Dynomax, but you need to call for availability....