Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Yaris Interior Door Seal Discolouration

Jimbog

Hi there

I recently bought a 59 plate TR. I have subsequently noticed that the rubber/plastic interior door seal around the windows/where exposed to sunlight has suffered from UV discolouration and has gone from light grey to a light yellow-grey!! And it is really annoying! This has occurred on both the passenger and driver's side. It's not too obvious as it's right in the corners by the windscreen pillars but I know it's there now!

Can anybody recommend a product that would return the seal to its original colour?

I'm assuming the cost of getting new seals fitted outweighs the benefits...

Many thanks in advance.

PS. does anybody know if the 59 plate TR (or any age TR) has a 'deck' in the boot that you flip over to even out the load space when the rear seats are folded down? The Yaris manual states only some models have this. My TR does not, but want to make sure that i'm not just missing a part. I can take out the rigid fabric boot floor but only to reveal the spare wheel in a recess?Thanks.

I had a 2008 TR and it had a deckboard. I usually left it in the house to get more boot space.

Sorry, son't know anything about the discolouration as my Yaris never had that. Maybe its been caused by a product someone used to clean it.

"PS. does anybody know if the 59 plate TR (or any age TR) has a 'deck' in the boot that you flip over to even out the load space when the rear seats are folded down? The Yaris manual states only some models have this. My TR does not, but want to make sure that i'm not just missing a part. I can take out the rigid fabric boot floor but only to reveal the spare wheel in a recess?Thanks."

My 2010 Yaris TR didn't come with that, although it's shown in the manual. Possibly a bit of "penny pinching" after a certain build date?

Thanks for the replies guys. Stan - reviews on Amazon look good - but any idea if it will restore the colour to light grey?

It's difficult to say without seeing yours but if the discolouration is purely down to the Sun's rays (UV) then I would say definitely yes, it would restore the colour, take a look at the video in the link I posted, there's a 50/50 on the window rubbers on the back door of an old car.

S. does anybody know if the 59 plate TR (or any age TR) has a 'deck' in the boot that you flip over to even out the load space when the rear seats are folded down? The Yaris manual states only some models have this. My TR does not, but want to make sure that i'm not just missing a part. I can take out the rigid fabric boot floor but only to reveal the spare wheel in a recess?Thanks.

One of the reasons I did not buy a new Yaris .Deleted on Yaris as a cost saving measure. Available from dealers for £70 ish.

Hi Stantheman1 and others

Managed to upload a picture - please copy & paste the following:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/media/jimbog/Stuff/pic023_s.jpg

Not a great photo but you get the impression - see the yellowish hue where the seal aligns with the window?

Can the seal be returned to its original colour with a product - I assume it's not worth replacing?

Cheers

James

Try some Autoglym tar remover - use sparingly. Used to use this to clean the light grey plastic gaskets between the body and the sill mouldings on my 2006 Corolla Colour Collection.

Hi Stantheman1 and others

Managed to upload a picture - please copy & paste the following:

http://www.toyotaown...ff/pic023_s.jpg

Not a great photo but you get the impression - see the yellowish hue where the seal aligns with the window?

Can the seal be returned to its original colour with a product - I assume it's not worth replacing?

Cheers

James

It should do but I'm not 100% sure but you'll never know unless you try, the very least you will have replenished seals and rubbers that will remain flexible and not dry out and harden.