Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Value?

Paulus17

"Vehicle Excise Duty is based on CO2 emissions - again the Auris being a bigger, heavier car would have worse emissions."

Apart from the Hybrid of course.

My wife had an Auris 1.6 TR before the RAV - she loved the Auris but loves the RAV even more: she enjoys the high up driving position.

The Toyota garage seems to sell my trade-ins at about £2k more than they give me - or at least put them up for £2k more. I don't actually have a problem with that but it may be worth bearing in mind. Of course I may just be rubbish at doing deals these days....

I do think the RAV is a great car though!

David

My wife had an Auris 1.6 TR before the RAV - she loved the Auris but loves the RAV even more: she enjoys the high up driving position.

The Toyota garage seems to sell my trade-ins at about £2k more than they give me - or at least put them up for £2k more. I don't actually have a problem with that but it may be worth bearing in mind. Of course I may just be rubbish at doing deals these days....

David

It's nothing to do with your deal-making ability, David. At the end of the day dealers have to buy as low as poss & sell as high as they can. If they don't make a profit, they go bust.

Much as we may slag the retail industry off now & again, the dealers are essential to owners, especially the genuinely good ones.

Thanks for those specs FB.I think if we do change it will have to be the 1.33 Yaris.

We was going to go and have a look at the 1.33 Auris this morning which they had yesterday but thought i would give em a quick call this morning to make sure they still had it and it had been sold late last night.

But if its heavier,longer etc the Yaris woukd suit us better all round i suppose?

But for now we are keeping the Rav :thumbsup:

David

It's nothing to do with your deal-making ability, David. At the end of the day dealers have to buy as low as poss & sell as high as they can. If they don't make a profit, they go bust.

Much as we may slag the retail industry off now & again, the dealers are essential to owners, especially the genuinely good ones.

Yes Jim I agree with you - that's why I added the bit about not having a problem with it - it is always good to have someone to trust to make some money out of a deal but not rip me off! I fancy an automatic petrol RAV when I retire this summer but my wife's manual RAV is still low mileage and has a lot of life left in it yet. 6 years old and still in great condition - I remember cars being rusted out at that age in the past!

David

It amazes me why people would not think the dealer would sell the car at a higher price, of course they will, its how a sales department makes money. :thumbsup:

People generally have no idea how much it costs to run a franchised dealership, if you take used cars as one example, you have to take into account a lot of factors. Firsly your P/Ex car will depreciate every month it is in stock, (it drops in price in all the guides, Glasses, CAP etc) anywhere from a couple of hundred pounds to maybe five or six hundred pounds on expensive models, then there are stocking charges (banks / finance companies usually own used car stocks NOT the dealer) prep and recon charges, used car warranty, commission etc etc. To put £2000 profit on a car, then have it in stock 60 days, with all the charges, will eat massivly into that margin as every day passes by. Then the day comes when a customer is interested in buying the car, and in order to do a deal, something is thrown in for free or an overallowance is made on the P/Ex

So quick sales are essential, companies like ourselves have strict write down and 60 or 90 day stocking policies, a car in stock for 90 days with a £2K profit accross it will only make a few hundred pounds when all the final costs are taken into account. If you want a good deal and have your eye on a particular car, wait and see how long it has been there, if it has been in stock approaching 60 days, go in and make a sensible offer, you might find a chunk of money being taken off just to move the car on ;) I would not say 2K is a typical amount to add to the cost price, you have to be sensible, if the car is overpriced then it will not be of interest to anybody, customers are savvy, they will not pay over the odds prices for cars, or at least not for average cars, but genuine cars with FSH, low miles, excellent condition etc will by their very nature be more saleable and the garage MIGHT be able to get a bit more for them

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for those specs FB.I think if we do change it will have to be the 1.33 Yaris.

We was going to go and have a look at the 1.33 Auris this morning which they had yesterday but thought i would give em a quick call this morning to make sure they still had it and it had been sold late last night.

But if its heavier,longer etc the Yaris woukd suit us better all round i suppose?

But for now we are keeping the Rav :thumbsup:

We had a 1.3 petrol auto Yaris Mk.1 for a couple of years when we lived in Paris and it was an absolutely brilliant little city car, especially as it had the full Toyota body kit and tricked-up alloys - I emphasise "little" however. It was fine when we were only carting two sub-six-year olds around in the back but full-size people would have found it a bit cramped for journeys of any length.

The Auris is a much more realistic car for full-size folks.

The RAV, especially the 4.2, is probably the best all rounder you could ask for (IMHO, of course!!). You are wise to hang on to it, if poss.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Cheers Jim.

I think Mrs P will go for the Yaris if it comes to that,but in the mean time we are keeping the Rav for as long as we can!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links