Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Got A 2013 Verso Yet?

Seanyboy45

Just ordered a Verso 2.0d Excel in Decuma Grey with Protection Pack. Will be picking up next week. Any experience of these new 'more refined' Verso's yet? I'll post photos when I pick it up.

Previously had a 2005 1.8VVTi T-Spirit followed by a 2010 2.0d T-Spirit. Great cars.

I'm pretty sure that the car is not available until the 1st March for customer orders, some cars were made available before this for dealers to show off.

We have a Demo in stock and orders being taken, I think they have to be delivered from 1st March, you can order one though

Had a quick spin in ours, I think "refined" is a good word to use, feels really sturdy on the road and excellent road holder, nice and quiet too. I liked it a lot

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just picked it up. Looks absolutely fabulous in decuma grey, especially with the contrasting silver roof rails. Engine is MUCH smoother than my previous 2010 verso 2.0 d, and seems to pull better from lower revs. Ride is also smoother. All round toyota have done a great job with this mid life face lift. Photos to follow tomorrow.

Very nice, I like them a lot but mines coming up to 3yrs old and only done 8k, too good to p/ex

• 1 year later...

Just put down a deposit on one that's less than a year old. A 2.0 D4D in Icon trim. Looks really nice, pulls like a train and is, amazingly, a lot more refined than my Prius. It's the first diesel I've ever driven and the first manual I've driven for a couple of decades. Will take some getting used to.

The mfd, attached to a reversing camera amongst other things, looks about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, however. I'm going to have to locate (or make) some sort of sun visor for that. Even in the nasty overcast day we had yesterday when I took it for a test drive, the screen was washed out by light flare - Toyota seem to have mounted it at the worst possible angle...

• 3 weeks later...

I have only really struggled with the screen in bright direct sunlight, but it's fine most of the time. I find the camera an excellent compliment to the reversing sensors. It's great to work out exactly how close you are to the obstacle that makes them 'beep'. Particularly good for getting in and out of tight parallel parking spaces.

Yeah, it's not been that bad to be honest. Maybe it was covered in fingerprints or something on the day I took it for a test drive. I kept the old 'sunshield' I bought for the Prius to see if I could modify it to fit but haven't needed to so far.

Mine doesn't have sensors, just the camera. I've never had a car with reversing sensors so I don't miss them. Took me a few attempts to reverse it into the garage on the first day but I've got used to the mirrors now...

• 3 weeks later...

That verso looks amazing. Owned 2006 2.2d4d to date in 3.5 years of ownership have never changed a single part. Solid reliable cars compared to a VW Touran it's a better drive and a solid engine. How much did your verso cost?

Pretty standard Verso Excel 2.0D4D with decuma grey paint and protection pack. Current list price would be £24885 but I never pay list price! Also the new model has the 1.6 BMW engine rather than the 2.0 toyota motor.

By the way, has anyone got experience of this new engine? What's it like?

Pretty standard Verso Excel 2.0D4D with decuma grey paint and protection pack. Current list price would be £24885 but I never pay list price! Also the new model has the 1.6 BMW engine rather than the 2.0 toyota motor.

By the way, has anyone got experience of this new engine? What's it like?

Much Smoother, quieter, handles better and is more fuel efficient, our 2013 2.0d4d was averaging 47 mpg after 7000 miles the new 1.6d4d is averaging 58 mpg after only 2000 miles but this should improve. The car does feel ever so slightly down on power, the 2.0 had more immediate low down grunt of the line but the1.6 revs much keener and should continue to loosen up so the slight lack of power sensation may improve but it is so slight the improved mpg and refinement more than makes up for it the touch and go 2 is also a big improvement over touch an go.

I think if Toyota invested in diesel technology they would be excellent engines but Toyota investing in hybrid. Which is a shame

Not too surprising really, considering the efforts politicians are putting into getting rid of diesels. With all the poorly considered emissions controls and increasing taxation on diesel fuel, they're borderline on economy when compared to modern petrols and don't compare favourably at all with hybrids. I love the feel of the diesel engine, loads of low down torque - suits my driving style perfectly but I can see the day when they won't be around any longer.