Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Pump Replacement - 2007 2.2 D4-D

uniquestar

My 2007 Rav 4 2.2 D4-D XTR went in for a service this week, and Toyota tell me that my Water Pump is leaking. I hadn't noticed the coolant being low beforehand, however I am now checking it after every journey, and can see that the coolant has dropped a bit after 30min + journeys (but not on shorter ones that I can see). Toyota want £1200 to replace this £90 part.

I have seen that it can be done in a couple of hours or so, and I'm pretty sure that my local mechanic would try and do it without removing the engine, but I would like to show him some proof that it has been done before, or some rough guidelines on how to do it.

Can someone give me a quick breakdown on what he would have to do to replace the pump without removing the engine, or point me in the direction of someone in the Heathrow area that has done this already.

Thanks.

You must go to the same dealer as me with that quote! Did he tell you it's a two day job?

I've got a 2006 D4-D XT5 and just (about a month ago) had my pump replaced by my local garage in Ealing for under £400 all in. He done the job without removing the engine, just had to jack the engine up a bit to get access to the pump.

Dropped it off in the morning, picked it up same evening.

Trust me you can do it without taking the engine out which is what they have quoted you for. Its a squeeze but any decent local gargae will be used to such work. By a pump and either do it yourself or pop in and see the local guys.