Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Can You Get Out Of An Avensis?

Gabaunion

Our 2002 VVTi estate has done over 150 000. Had a new short engine under warranty at 40 000 miles. Just started using oil significantly. Had a major gearbox failure at 80 000, noise wrongly diagnosed by local garage could have been fixed sooner much cheaper instead of full rebuild. Few odd and sods due to wear and tear. Just thinking about a new one again.

• Like 1

My 2008 is 165,500 (ex taxi), the service history is fab on it though - 8 weeks ago it had a new clutch and flywheel fitted - £1200, just before I bought it :)

Had a service yesterday and I was told the front pads may need doing soon and the right front wheel bearing is just starting to rumble...

Hi just had a new cam belt fitted at Mr t & 180k service. Car running fine. Still on original clutch it just keeps going, fingers crossed.need to lock at a/c next I thinks me have a leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Hi just had a new cam belt fitted at Mr t & 180k service. Car running fine. Still on original clutch it just keeps going, fingers crossed.need to lock at a/c next I thinks me have a leak.

are you on original water pump? and isnt the clutch heavy?

Hi, yes the clutch is a bit heavy but it's been like it since I bought it back in 2007, & still on Same water pump . Asked Mr t about it they said they only change them when needed& its still in good order.

We have two Avensis T25, one sedan, the other a Wagon, both registered 2005, and have 113K miles, both regular service changes by the book.

First one (sedan, brand new),

Nothing - just nothing, except pads and disks.

Second one (the wagon, bought 3 years old from Toyota dealer, with full service history),

Changed front wheel bearings at 70K miles,

Changed one aircone tube at 75K miles

• Like 1

Update on mine: It hit the big 147k this weekend.

B9U1AAdIMAAdfnJ.jpg

I have got a couple of issues. Acceleration has become very sluggish after I piled through a partially flooded road last week. Had very little option really considering speed and the fact it was on a blind bend. I think I've killed either the throttle position sensor or maybe even the lambda sensor. I also have a small coolant leak which is possibly the waterpump. It's due to be replaced along with the cam-belt this spring so no big deal.

Otherwise, business as usual. A real 'turn key' car.

• Like 2

I saw a while ago on a thread of high mileage cars for sale (page 52), within General Gassing on pistonheads forums a 1999 Avensis 2.0 Automatic estate with FSH, an MOT with no advisories and 340,000 miles recorded.

It sold so I guess it has clocked up a few more since.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Now at 194000 since last posted. Replaced screen wash pump since then and thats about it really. Cheap job £7 on eBay and fitted myself.

"have done 325 miles and petrol gauge is showing just under half a tank"

better than my diesel :(

I go with diesel too - maybe it's time to switch it up?

Ok, I replied to this topic back in April 2003 and I am happy to report my 54 plate D4D manual (which I had from new) is still going strong at 221,000.

I said in my original post that my car had done a lot of motorway miles. I have serviced and repaired the car myself over the last 11years with the only outside work been done on the 60k timing belt changes ( which I may have ago at myself come 240,000 miles).

The car is on its original engine, clutch, gearbox and exhaust. I have replaced the starter motor on 2 occasions and a front wheel bearing. I have front brake discs on 3 occasions and once on the back. I have cleaned the EGR once and had a Terraclean about 4 years ago and have been adding Groundsman two-stroke oil to my fuel for the past two years.

The AC packed up a few years ago as did the onboard computer (the display that gives mileage/range etc...). Probably still getting about 47mpg (combined).The outside body looks ok, but has numerous scratches etc...

The car drives well and I hope to get 250,000 miles

• Like 1

My 2002 d4d avensis had to be scrapped last week due to a bad driver hitting it and not worth fixing. 443k miles! It was a taxi which is probably the toughest driving a car can do! It had one clutch, starter, alternator, few wheel bearings and normal suspension bits and pieces. Not many cars around as tough as these. It will be sadly missed!

• Like 2

I had a 1999 1.8 petrol Avensis and gave it to the sister inlaw in 2011 (when I got my new Avensis) with 186k on the clock, I serviced every 5k miles major service every 20k. My son still services for her and was tell his mates about it a month or two ago and I think he said there was 220 odd thousand on her and still going strong ( touch wood ). I sort of miss the car did a lot of miles in it.

Ok, I replied to this topic back in April 2003 and I am happy to report my 54 plate D4D manual (which I had from new) is still going strong at 221,000.

I said in my original post that my car had done a lot of motorway miles. I have serviced and repaired the car myself over the last 11years with the only outside work been done on the 60k timing belt changes ( which I may have ago at myself come 240,000 miles).

The car is on its original engine, clutch, gearbox and exhaust. I have replaced the starter motor on 2 occasions and a front wheel bearing. I have front brake discs on 3 occasions and once on the back. I have cleaned the EGR once and had a Terraclean about 4 years ago and have been adding Groundsman two-stroke oil to my fuel for the past two years.

The AC packed up a few years ago as did the onboard computer (the display that gives mileage/range etc...). Probably still getting about 47mpg (combined).The outside body looks ok, but has numerous scratches etc...

The car drives well and I hope to get 250,000 miles

what benefits have you noticed by adding 2 stroke oil?

Well its still going! Car passes the emissions on the first or second pass. Other than stripping the engine down difficult to quantify. There is however, a quite long and protracted thread on this forum somewhere about the benefits or otherwise of adding two stroke. I should say do not add two-stroke every time I fill up, just when I know I'm gonna do a lot of miles at high speed.

• Like 1

its meant to lube highly precision machined parts in a diesel engine like high pressure pump and injector needle seats, reason is that people are dubious of modern pump diesel containing bio diesel or rawer diesels imported for the supermarket chains, I have still to be convinced that putting two stroke oil to burn off in my combustion chamber wont cause ash to clog cats or dpfs etc etc

"...rawer diesels imported imported for the supermarket chains". Hi Rob, 95% + of my fuel has been purchased from supermarket filling stations. You would have thought after 11years and 220,000 miles of driving something would have manifested itself by now?

I have used two stroke low ash oil in my motor now since i have had it without any implications at all..

• 2 weeks later...

just sold my old 54 avensis got it with 4 miles on sold it with 247,000 just needed a fuel pump and clutch £650

what car have you got now or going to buy?

57 spirit, sold last week, spent to much on it , got a t4 now

• 2 weeks later...

90k Miles on a 2004 Avensis 1.8 Petrol. Seems like nothing in comparrison to some on here, I should get some years out of her yet! I imagine the bodywork will go before the engine.

T25 facelift 2006 2.2 D4D 105k miles.

No issues so far and going strong.

I'll be over the moon if I can get another 100k out of it.

Mines is now 209000 mls still on same clutch but steering now requires some work, joints etc.

its retired from taxi use and used as a runaround its a 2.2 T3X

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another well travelled Avensis currently advertised

1999 Toyota Avensis 2.0 CDX 5dr

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 300,000 miles, Blue

Avensis 2.0 CDX 5dr1999 V reg Toyota Avensis 2.0 CDX 5dr, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 300,000 miles. Blue, LONG MOT HISTORY, 5 seats, Standard Features - Sunroof Electric, Air-Conditioning, Climate Control, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, Electric Windows, In Car Entertainment, Upholstery Leather. 450

• 2 months later...