Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Get An Update To My Avensis Sat Nav Please?

jayfree

I drive a 2004 Avensis. I don't have the satnav disc. If I were to come across a newish Toyota Avensis in a breakers or salvage yard, would the satnav cd from that car (assuming it's in the car) work in my Avensis? Would this be legal?

So lang as the Navigation unit is of the same model type then yes a newer disc would work ( bare in mind that newer Avensis will have newer more up to date navigation systems and their discs will not swap over ) and yes it is legal so long as the disc is an original item and not pirated copy.

• 4 weeks later...

can anyone tell me if the later versions of maps (i'm running E10) have more "sophisticated" graphics??

Can you better define your idea of "sophisticated"? ;)

My T27 satnav certainly has prettier graphics than that in my T25 but imo the TNS700 was the more intuitive/usable device.

When I updated from E10>E13 the TNS700 also got a firmware update that improved it.

Having said that I would say that imo on a T25 spend the money on a Garmin/Tomtom rather than an update disc (unless you can get it cheaply).

The tns 700 graphics I'd call "flat" and colourless and boring. I'd just like something a little more modern.....

• 5 years later...

Hello

I went to the official Toyota Map Update site because I wanted to update my CD. Anyway found a picture of my Sat Nav and it ask me to enter a serial number. This is fine but there does not seem to be any kind of confirm or enter button on the web page. 

Not very intuitive as to what to do next?

Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Ray