Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Yaris Verso Oddity

Mozzy

On our fourth Yaris Verso now and back to the Champagne colour which is our favourite. We have both noticed on the current one as you look below the steering column it has two large metal lugs with thread inside sitting either side and below the column.

We do not recall seeing these before and are confused about what they are. Can anyone help? Perhaps I should include an image.

Thanks

Mozzy

Can you upload some pictures?

Done. Just no idea, and they have rust on which is strange.

rpjQ65n.jpg

8lasTqq.jpg

ZFO0eJf.jpg

They look like some aftermarket fittings .......possibly for disabled drivers equipment.

Not impressed how the plastic trim has been hacked away

I would want to get them removed as soon as possible as they could present an injury hazard to your legs in the event of a collision

I had a feeling this might be the case. I'd have much preferred a later model but struggled on this colour as it is the only colour my wife will have now. Tried blue and a green after our first champagne and now returned to this colour. The only half decent one was an 05 reg in champagne with 25k miles but at £6,995 it was a ridiculous price. I shall continue looking. Maybe a wanted might help?

Yeah, it's mad how much certain types of Mk1 Yaris still sell for; The 5-door 1.4 D4D I was looking for depreciates ridiculously slowly! I've seen some going for 5-6k even now! :eek:

They are damned good cars tho' :thumbsup:

I've asked the garage where we bought this one from to see if he can shine any light on the vehicle (in terms of these large steel tubes etc). I must admit I had not considered the after market alterations that were perhaps done for disabled use. I'm now worried this may void insurance.

Oh boy, almost sixty and my common sense and experience seems to leave me when it comes to buying second hand cars. I suppose it does not help that my wife and I have tried other vehicles but always come back to the Yaris Verso. Our last one the T/Spirit was brilliant but just hated the green colour. Oh why oh why did Toyota stop making this car?????

Yeah, it's mad how much certain types of Mk1 Yaris still sell for; The 5-door 1.4 D4D I was looking for depreciates ridiculously slowly! I've seen some going for 5-6k even now! :eek: They are damned good cars tho' :thumbsup:

HhMMmm

:-)