Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie In Hope?

deezer

Hi folks. I've just been spending my first Rav4 month acclimatising to my surroundings. I love it, especially the last few days in the snow even though I'm still not sure if I have 4WD as I've never felt it actually kick in!

Anyway, I have an XCarlink box and managed to take the stereo (58812) out of the car at the weekend to attach said box. Unfortunately the connector on the XCarlink box is Type 1 and the back of the Rav stereo is Type 2.

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as an adapter for changing Type 1 to Type 2?

Big thanks in advance.

Hi folks. I've just been spending my first Rav4 month acclimatising to my surroundings. I love it, especially the last few days in the snow even though I'm still not sure if I have 4WD as I've never felt it actually kick in!

Anyway, I have an XCarlink box and managed to take the stereo (58812) out of the car at the weekend to attach said box. Unfortunately the connector on the XCarlink box is Type 1 and the back of the Rav stereo is Type 2.

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as an adapter for changing Type 1 to Type 2?

Big thanks in advance.

Ah bet if you share the secret of which Rav variant you have, even an eejit like me will be able to tell you for sure if you have a two wheel drive, or, going by the year you say yours is, permanent 4 wheel drive. For your info and to help on here, yours is known as the 4.2 Rav, but we need some more info.....

Urrawise, welcome aboard this nub of clutters.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Cheers Big Kev, thanks for the welcome.

Sorry, I'll have to update my profile.

It's a 2002 GX 2.0 Petrol.

Thanks.

Permanent 4 wheel drive then, David........methinks the only one that was two wheel drive was the NV......I await correctment.

Interesting that you are in Hope. I am in Chapel about 7 miles away!

Big thanks in advance.

Doesn't look like you'll feel the 4x4 "kick in" as its there all the time. What you would notice in the snow is NOT having four wheel drive!

That's the beauty of it, it makes driving simple and effortless. And absolutely NO pleasure is to be gained watching others struggle up the slightest incline!!

Dave

Dear Dave of Hampshire, I get the feeling you are showing elements of your wicked Rav humour..... :drunk:

Which hill, where? need to go and watch :angel: not a flake of snow here :(

Gus of snowless Berkshire

Here was I thinking living in Hope was only a figure of speech...........mother in law's middle name was Hope actually, so we literally left her behind all the time and took her nowhere......."abandon ye all Hope" covered it nicely......

Back nearly on subject....David.....did you know your 58812 can control the Toyota 6 disc changer.....? Can't say if have ever seen one even on the 'bay though. As for your original techy question, over my head mate.

Big Kev

Permanent 4 wheel drive then, David........methinks the only one that was two wheel drive was the NV......I await correctment.

Only the NV 1.8 is 2 wheel drive, the NV 2.0 is 4 wheel drive :-)

Cheers Big Kev. I think I'll have to sell my XCarlink box on eBay and just buy a Type 2 one!!!

Here was I thinking living in Hope was only a figure of speech...........mother in law's middle name was Hope actually, so we literally left her behind all the time and took her nowhere......."abandon ye all Hope" covered it nicely......

That means before you were born you really were 'living in Hope'!!!

Anchs.... that's a belter right there!

Welcome to the club Deezer. How is Norn Iron these days???

Hi Dave

Norn Irn is soooo cold, bitter and changeable and the weather's terrible as well:)

Hi Gus

Thanks a million for the link. I just purchased it and am officially a happy bunny.

Cheers.

Is that the Hope in Carrickfergus or the one in Ballymena??

Hi Gus

Thanks a million for the link. I just purchased it and am officially a happy bunny.

Cheers.

Thank heavens, thought I could have lost my marbles, well have certainly lost a few over the years....

Gus