Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Mirror Glass Removal T27

pauljj

how do you remove the door mirror glass from the housing,it's not broken,i need to replace the LED unit,i dont want to break it

You don't remove the glass to replace the indicator, you remove the painted mirror cover by inserting a thin flat blade between the painted casing and black mirror housing and slowly work your way around prising it off.

• Like 2

ah,but on the T27 is is held in by screws on the inside of the mirror housing,you can get to one but not the other,done it now but you do need to be brave pulling the glass out,the whole motor comes out with it

• 6 months later...

Hi, having the same problem. Does the mirror glass just pull off or is there a retaining clip to negotiate. The car is a 2009 avensis tourer T4.

Hi mate,it just pulls off,I doesn't feel right pulling so hard but that's the way of it I used to have a bandit12,not quick enough though!!

Hi, thanks for that. Just don't like the sound of creaking plastic etc. when pulling bits off. Bike's fast enough these days for me especially with all the lunatic car drivers out there.

• 3 years later...

Hi all sorry i seem to be a few years late but 

i need to take the cover of my avensis 2012 is it the same as the 2009 as my avensis is the new shape,

does the mirror housing just pop off like your ones?

I did my usual research, because even though I am careful and fold the mirrors, but you never know. It seems that the cover needs to be removed using a suitable trim removal tools. 

Link to videos I searched:-

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Toyota+avensis+T27+mirror+indicator+replacement

Link to the part showing the indicator/mirror housing:-

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2012/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_530W/electrical/8701_mirror

Toyota use the same technique for most models. Should apply to T25 to t27 including recent models. 

Edited by Konrad C
Additional words

hi konrad c many thanks for the link, i can see on one of these forums that there are 2 screws holding the cover on?

is this correct or is it just trim tool and work my way around, dont want to brake the housing.

I cannot find any photos of the inside of the cover to show you, or advise you. You need to give it a try. :thumbsup: