Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Glass Cleaner / Polish Do You Use?

Phil White

I used Autoglym car glass polish for the first time at the weekend and found it to be fantastic. Easy on, easy off. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using a range of products from an American company called Ecotouch http://www.eco-touch.co.uk as the name suggests they try to be as eco friendly as possible.

The trim cleaner works really well and once applied the interior trim appears to attract less dust, might be my imagination. The wax leaves a long lasting shine. post-140836-140051986662_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

You can also order eco-touch from Amazon.co.uk.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 7 months later...

Vinegar works well. That was a chef's old trick for cleaning those white wall tiles you get in every hotel kitchen, makes them shine like new.

Believe it or not using old newspaper instead of a cloth or kitchen roll to shine it works far better.

Never tried it on car windows but it's just as effective on house windows so it'll be just as good for car glass.

I use whatever car window polish i come across to clean the windows, think it's Autoglym stuff I'm using just now but they're pretty much all the same.

Windolene spray on stuff is as good as anything for a quick clean but thick paper towels are ideal for wiping it off. Those blue/green ones we used to get at school or the stuff you get in tescos or where evers toilets comes big blue rolls is also perfect. That maked more difference than the particular brand of cleaner you use

• 1 year later...

i use Meguiars detailers range glass cleaner its great comes in a gallon bottle i think it was around €33 but it dilutes to make around 75 x 500ml bottles

• 6 months later...

On the inside surfaces, Windolene wipes! I've had horrible smearing from most of the glass cleaners I've used, including the ones that include vinegar, but this one seems to fix it.

I have a different issue on the outside of the screens , because I use a Simoniz carnauba wax wash that does a beautiful job on the paintwork :biggrin: but leaves a smeary coating on the glass surfaces. Takes a few minutes to clean them all down with glass cleaner, but absolutely worth it.

Now, what would I do with 75 half-litre bottles of Meguiars? Apart from setting up a window cleaning business, that is? :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I currently use the Invisible Glass Premium Glass Cleaner. Ordered it from Amazon