Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering Ram

Mozzy

Getting a loud (ish) hiss from the P/S ram when anything more than half lock is applied. I know a garage will tell me it needs replacing hence my asking here. Any thoughts on OK or not?

Many thanks

Mozzy

Getting a loud (ish) hiss from the P/S ram when anything more than half lock is applied. I know a garage will tell me it needs replacing hence my asking here. Any thoughts on OK or not?

Many thanks

Mozzy

Is the power steering reservoir topped up? Is there any signs of fluid leaking? If not it could well be air in the system. Drive the car so that it has each front wheel on a glossy magazine, then turn the steering lock to lock a few times. Do not leave it on full lock for more than a second or two. This should expel the air, then top up the fluid. If the rack is leaking then replacement is the only cure. Plenty of aftermarket suppliers around.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Oh blast Geoff I didn't realise there was such a thing as a reservoir! :oops: No fluid leaking as I have left a large cloth underneath.

Will try exactly what you say. Thank you very much for the advice.

Mozzy