Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carpark Scratches.. Dont You Just Love Em .....

CharlieFarlie

Sorry its not on a Toyota......................

But an oldish Mondeo..

Car belongs to a very good mate who bought it round to show me where some ignorant sod had given it a scrape in a car park.. The car is his pride and joy !

Repair took around two hours as some flatting down followed by much touching in with both base and lacquer coat dried with an infra red panel was needed before careful measuring of paint and polishing took place. Body shop had quoted £390 to repair.. MMMmmmm

Ducati014_zps02820969.jpg

Ducati016_zps11d53e36.jpg

Quite pleased with this one...
  • Like 1

Moved to suitable forum as not Toyota or RAV specific :)

Nice job there Charlie!

Sorry its not on a Toyota......................

But an oldish Mondeo..

Car belongs to a very good mate who bought it round to show me where some ignorant sod had given it a scrape in a car park.. The car is his pride and joy !

Repair took around two hours as some flatting down followed by much touching in with both base and lacquer coat dried with an infra red panel was needed before careful measuring of paint and polishing took place. Body shop had quoted £390 to repair.. MMMmmmm

Ducati014_zps02820969.jpg

Ducati016_zps11d53e36.jpg

Quite pleased with this one...

Aided and abetted by Jake the Peg with the exta leg....look in front of cup reflection.......guy's got three trainers oan....!

It's so annoying & sad, when something like that happens..

Fantastic job sorting it Charlie..

I know where to bring my car now when it gets scratched.. :) :thumbsup:

Nice job there Charlie!

May not be specific to the Rav4 mate but me muckers are on this section ?

Nice job there Charlie!

May not be specific to the Rav4 mate but me muckers are on this section ?

Your good workmanship is worthy of a much wider audience than just the RAV forum Charlie! :)

All of TOC users will now be able to benefit from your skill...........It will also be available to all members when searching for the topic "Car Park Scratches"

Hence the reason for the move from RAV to a more suitable Forum whilst leaving a link to your original post :)

Anybody would think we weren't the most important.

Amazing work Charlie. Where did you get the paint? Touch up?

Anybody would think we weren't the most important.

Amazing work Charlie. Where did you get the paint? Touch up?

Mark the owner of the car got it from Ford. Quoted the chassis number.. To be fair it was an incredibly good match which aided the outcome and finish..

I have been developing a technique of touching in with a normal touch up stick then spray painting the lacquer into and over the scratch with an air brush until it stands proud then drying with the panel heater and wet sanding back with either 3500 0r 4000 grit Meguires uni grit paper.. Then the very careful polishing..

In this case I used PO85RD Menzerna but the cut was to slow so went Farecla G6 which is an all in one polish which normally Im not to keen on.. But the cut reduced down to leave a nice finish and the lacquer is even to my hyper critical eye is 95% perfect..

Could never do this lark for a living though !! It would I think drive me even more bonkers than I already am ..

Edited to add if anyone ever uses Farecla G6 or G3 polish on very slow speeds cos until it breaks down as all in one paints do it really does cut fast !

Fantastic job on the paint :) Its perfect! Its great to have been able to avoid the big repair bill too

I'd be frightened of over flatting the paint either side of the scratch.

I'd be frightened of over flatting the paint either side of the scratch.

No worries there. Toyota paint both the inside and outside of the doors, so if you go through the paint, keep going till you get to the paint on the other side :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links