Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Squeak

DominicPriestley

Whilst parked today I had the radio off and drivers window down. When pressing and releasing the clutch pedal, there is a squeak if I can call it that. Sounds a bit like running your fingers across a rubber balloon. The noise cannot be heard in the car and is coming from under the car somewhere.

Is this cause for large concern or nothing? Its due a service in 1k miles but I have a trip to France planned in 8weeks time so want whatever it is sorting before then.

D

HI there

I had this problem a few years ago on a 4.2 that I fixed in about 30 minutes with a dab of grease on the end of your finger. Not sure if your clutch is the same. It was caused by lubrication drying out between the clutch fork and its pivit. On my car this occurs about 3 inches behind a rubber boot where the clutch release fork enters the gearbox. Here is the previous post

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/102386-squeaky-clutch-pedal/?hl=+squeak%20+clutch#entry931882

If yours is the same remove the rubber boot feel inside with your finger (carefuly) to locate the correct point, mirror and a torch can help. When you have found the correct position reinsert your finger with a dab of grease and squease it into the pivit.

Biggest fiddle is getting the rubber boot back on.

Do you think it was one of those long baloons or a big oval one? I would try Ian's fix too ;-)

• Like 1

"Do you think it was one of those long balloons or a big oval one?"

Don't you start, Don!

Thanks chaps. I'll lube my finger come service time :-)

This just gets worse! :blushing:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links