Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Oil Change.

Barry W

Hi,

I just want to do a quick oil change on the wife's Aygo.

I can see the filter and can access it with the bonnet up, can somone tell me where the sump plug is?

I just want to access the plug from the front. ideally without lifting the car!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
B

See the following:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/98891-ayo-diy-oil-change/

You'll need a washer for the sump plug. Best drained when the oil is warm - be careful not to burn yourself. Check the handbook for further info and oil quantity. Don't overfill the new oil.

I think it's great you're looking to DIY oil/filter change; this is great preventative maintenance. However, I'd suggest using an oil extractor (like the ones Pela make). It's all top down, bonnet open stuff that ensures no leaks or having to deal with spills.

I know many will have views on extraction oil method vs. gravity drain, but I've been using this on all my various vehicles and to good effect (no issues). Best of all, it's clean and easy to do and suggest more effective than gravity drain due to vacuum being formed within the sump to suck out the oil and crud.

Make up your own mind, do your own research and do it the way you prefer. As long as you do it, this is what matters.

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated!

Will get to it Monday, always assuming it isn't too cold or wet...this IS April? lol

Thanks again.

B