Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Changes In New Rav4 2013 Awd System?

offnote

If you believe the system is capable of completely disconnecting the front wheels and transfering it to the rear then you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I'm not spending time on somebody that wants to argue for the sake of it.

If you believe the system is capable of completely disconnecting the front wheels and transfering it to the rear then you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I'm not spending time on somebody that wants to argue for the sake of it.

facepalm.jpg

Ah think Yoda has bought a new laptop...........watch out for oil post next.......

What a load of bowlocks over a stupid ramp, I would have reversed up it and be done with it :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

facepalm.jpg

Fair play - that is brilliant!!!

WTF is brilliant aboot Wayne Rooney wondering if the warranty is still valid.....?

Sorry folks.....need to get to 10,000......

• Like 1

OK, so in rav4 there some changes as well:

The 2013 RAV4's all-wheel-drive system is more sophisticated than before, with a computer-controlled electromagnetic coupling transferring power front to rear as required. Up to 50 percent of the engine's torque can be sent to the rear wheels, and the system can be locked at speeds under 25 miles per hour.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/18/2013-toyota-rav4-first-drive-review/

But why transferring only 50%??? Haldex 4th gen system e.g. in yeti or tiguan even 100% of torque can be transferred and those vehicles

are doing much better on slipper hills etc. Also rear wheels are doing normally 10% of job which makes traction much better.

If it transfers 100% torque then it would switch from being front wheel drive to rear wheel drive. Also, the CRV used to have tha Haldex system. Maybe they have changed. I wouldn't despute the reliability of a Subaru.

so what? in uphill situation it's better to be rear wheel anyway. If both front wheels slip what's the point of powering them in 50% instead of shifting whole power to the rear where is needed. As we see on videos 50% is not enough to move the vehicle uphill. Just to clarify as I see it's not clear here - I don't care about subaru because of 2 major issues. First is price way too high then it should be and second subaru reliability is bad and it's been bad since years.

What lives under a bridge and eats goats?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links