Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help And Advice About The Mr T Warranty Cover

Prawn.ie

I have just brought my T180 to my local Toyota dealer. He tested the car telling me the head gasket has failed. I have full toyota service history 69k miles year 2008 . He tells me if the car was 07 MrT would be replacing the engine because its o8 I may not be covered , as my chassis no is out side the warranty cover list ? I can't believe this I bought 08 because I thought that year of car was free from this problem. Waiting on MrT deciding if by good will he will cover car. Where do I stand on this ? Please help

Have you taken the extended warranty when you bought the T180 from Mr T ? If you did then this will be covered under the extended warranty (at least this is what mine says)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=10987

be aware that we know that Toyota guidelines have changed since then but we don't have a copy of the current ones. I strongly suspect that the production dates covered won't have changed especially as we know that some early T27s have had the work done.

Where will that leave me ?

I bought my car private a few months ago I don't have an extended toyot warranty , my wife has the Rav 4 08 2.2 full Toyota history and has no problems that's why I went for the Same engine. Should she now take a warranty cover also in case this happens to her car ?

did you read the .pdf?

It covers work done under Toyota's goodwill (i.e. outwith normal warranty cover).

Has your car a full service history?

Your wife's car would be covered under the same goodwill policy for the same problems as long as Toyota keep it (as it's outwith the normal warranty they could withdraw it).

08 plates are right on the limit of the affected vin range. The dealer you took it to will have a strict bulletin to go by around 80 pages. Good luck with the case

Alex

on an Avensis 58 plates should be covered too going by the original documentation.

Hi Scot my car has full Toyota service history , with all servicing being at the appropriate mileage time s. it was the service history and the condition which attracted me to the car. It's a great car but now its f@@@ked !! I feel so let down by Tyota, as this is a factory design fault and not misuse or neglect which has caused the engine failure .

Hi prawn don't give up keep at them for your warranty

Hi prawn I totally understand your frustration I think u should keep at them for the extended warranty there are more and more 08 cars havin this problem too, get onto toyota customer relations and state your case do u live in uk or ireland ? Give them a buzz worth a try I'm trying to get my new engine fitted by Toyota replaced as it has only done 35k miles and head gasket went again I need to know if this has happened to anyone else out there we're all in the same boat and its sinking fast.

Hi Scot my car has full Toyota service history , with all servicing being at the appropriate mileage time s. it was the service history and the condition which attracted me to the car. It's a great car but now its f@@@ked !! I feel so let down by Tyota, as this is a factory design fault and not misuse or neglect which has caused the engine failure .

It sounds like your car should be covered then. If the 1st dealer isn't playing along take it to a 2nd.

Toyota say that this issue is really only prevalent in the UK & it's due to the quality of our fuel. A figure was put on the forum the other day of supposedly how many engines have been replaced - if that figure was true it's probably still under 5% of UK 1AD & 2AD engines within the production timeframe mentioned by the TSB.

Unfortunately the grass isn't always greener - pretty much every brand has issues with their modern diesels although the particular issues vary. :(

P.S. iirc your car wasn't using oil or coolant, did that change?

It only stated to use coolant last week that's why I brought it to be checked.

Also the Toyota dealer said they might ask my permission to strip of the head, this is to check the extent of the damage. I can understand this is to access weather a new engine is required or a repair . But who pays for this ?? They never said they were fixing anything, just asking permission to access things

i dont understand why they need to strip it, a simple head gasket test will do the trick. If the gasket has gone then it will be new engine time as the head/block warps due to being aluminium. keep on at the dealer to pursue the case with CR they might part contribute towards the repair

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links