Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Yaris Hybrid Mpg?

wayneanddee

On 11/05/2016 at 4:07 PM, Anthony Poli said:

Maybe a pip owner can tell us what the situation is with those.

Tell you what what situation is?

The situation when they run out of petrol, pay attention man! :laugh:

The PIP is an electric car with petrol assistance so running out of petrol won't be a problem.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2016 at 11:26 AM, Anthony Poli said:

I can't believe that guy did the same thing a second time, the only time i have ever run out of fuel was with a faulty gauge and miscalculating range with a full tank. Fortunately my speed was low when the diesel ran out. After  that I paid more attention to the trip counter.

That guy was testing the limits of the various prii.  He ran out on purpose to see what would happen.

FWIW you don't have to run out of fuel, a blocked fuel line will do just as well (or a dead fuel pump).

52 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

The PIP is an electric car with petrol assistance so running out of petrol won't be a problem.

As above. When ever I've been playing fuel light roulette in my PiP I've always made sure I've at least an EV range showing which is enough to get me to a petrol station. Interestingly the cars range when it shows 0 will only be when Ev is 0 also, if you plug it in and put 8 miles range on the Battery it'll show this on the fuel range distance also :)

1 minute ago, johalareewi said:

That guy was testing the limits of the various prii.  He ran out on purpose to see what would happen.

FWIW you don't have to run out of fuel, a blocked fuel line will do just as well (or a dead fuel pump).

One person did reply to him and said once you reach zero miles you should have enough chance to get to a gas station without running the tank dry. Running out of fuel should be an avoidable issue for the owner/driver. Fuel pump failure  or other fuel related issue is out of their hands.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links