Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Having To Press Gas Pedal On Cold Start

waqar_lionheart

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well and your cars are running fine. I dont think i have a huge problem on my hands but I d rather be safe than sorry later on. I have a toyota avensis 1.8vvti manual 2001. It runs great but ONLY SOMETIMES i have to press the gas pedal to get it started. It keeps cranking unless i press the gas pedal ( I only need to press it slightly). After that its fine the rest of the day. it only does it once it has been sitting for a while. I walk to work and only sometimes start my car after a day or 2. I would really appreciate all the help. I know my O2 sensors are out. these are bank1 sensor1 bank 2 sensor 1 and my car is running rich as I have soot in the exhaust tail tip. I get really good mpg and very happy with it. But this intermittent depressing gas pedal business is making me slightly nervous.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Car Yao ALL.

Waqar

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links