Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis Warning Lights On, Taken To Garage Where Investigated A

TAXIPAUL

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. A few days ago my Toyota Avensis T2 (year 2010) 1955 cc VSC warning light message and electronic handbrake message appeared on the dashboard and the car became sluggish. After parking up for evening the lights went off but the car was still sluggish. I took it to the garage to get this investigated. The garage checked the car out and told me it was an electrical problem with the electronic handbrake system and they fitted a new actuator. Half an hour after leaving the garage the lights all came back on and the car became sluggish again. Help any ideas???

Thanks

I had this problem in a 2009 Avensis Tourer TR auto. It is a known problem and the dealer replaced EM system actuator assembly under warranty. It happened 4 times in a 12 month period. Each time I stopped the car, I switched off the engine and waited a couple of minutes. The problem cleared but I was very uneasy about it. Toyota didn't do a recall but there was quibble about the replacement. They can check that the messages have clocked up by linking up their laptop. If it's out of warranty, I think there is a good case to claim that it is a known problem.

Sorry -there was NO quibble!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links