Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got A Celica Convertible 1990 But Has Issues!

Tim_lockhart

Hello all! Hope you can help me! Just bought a 1990 convertible gt with 4ws. Lovely car but has a few issues......

Firstly the speedo..... It works but sticks at 30mph, looking at it the actual needle works but the graphic with the numbers is rippled and not stuck down properly so the needle can't get past the lumps!! I'm assuming the dash clusters gonna have to come out? Is there a sticky anywhere with instruction?

Second a weird warning light came on briefly early today and again tonight, it's above the Battery light and is a box shaped icon with wavy lines above it?! Can't find a description of it in the manual either! I've attached a pic. It always comes on with the Battery light..... Only for a minute then disappears!

And worst of all, today I noticed that the drivers side rear quarter light window was sitting a little wonky, thought must be okay as had had the roof down on the way home from buying it yesterday, so put the roof down this morning, it must've clipped the glass and it shattered my god it's been impossible to find a replacement even toyota can't get them! Managed to finally source one from a breakers yard but I'm wondering how much of a ball ache it's gonna be for the poor windscreen guy who's gotta fit it for me? There sending me the whole glass and mechanism just in case my mechanism is scuppered btw.

Sorry to have my first post bing full of negatives, but I'll say that, the cars a beaut otherwise and is such a nice drive!!

Thanks in advance!!!

New I had missed something!!! There is also a strange clunking sound when turning at low speeds.... Not detrimental to the handling but could do with diagnosing lol

post-131553-0-97130900-1368529251_thumb.

post-131553-0-91514400-1368529361_thumb.

• 1 year later...

just joined ,I assume you have these sorted, I had these and I believe the light is for the Catalytic convertor. Don't think this is a problem if it just comes on when you start. I think this is linked to the Battery light, are you charging ok?.

Also the clunking may be a worn CV joint / ball joint. Could be also need to check that the wheel Barings bolts need to be tightened up had both of these to.. A mechanic would sort these issues quickly.

Did you get it fixed?